Tampa Bay Lightning Concept Logo For...?

MrWonka

So this idea just popped in my mind one day and while the final concept didn't turn out the way I wanted it to I still want to improve it and try to make it a possible primary or an alternate logo for a jersey concept.

Basically my first initial idea was to for the T and B around a bolt of lightning with a roundel. Then it turned into a T and B fused together...then I saw with the outline it made an L in the middle. I don't know, I just think it could be used as something...at minimum maybe a shoulder patch? But here are the ideas I have.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-27%20at%209.21.4

I'm likely going to repeat what has already been said, but the B is hard to see. The T looks great, but that B is hard to tell apart. It almost just does not look like a letter but a collection of squiggles instead. Having a separate bolt could work for this, making it a little bit easier to tell the two apart.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

Of all the concepts with this general idea in mind, this is probably the best attempt I've seen. It's abstract, and it works, though you need to look at it hard to see the B.

Maybe you just need to simplify the logo a bit. It might look better without the drop shadows.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Guys, you missed the memo from my last reply...I'm a genius, remember?

On a serious note, here is it simplified. And the problem with adding more bolts to make the B more clear I think would make it too much for a sports logo.

35aj3tg.jpg

Any suggestions how to make the B more clear without adding a whole lot? Without making it crowded with too much going on? That's why I have it the way it is now, like someone said before, it's abstract and not too clear. At one point I want people to see a B, but at the same time I don't want to be clear as day that it's TB...if that makes sense.

If it helps, now that I've seen the B I can't unsee it :P But I think it's also clearer now that you've cleaned the logo up.

I've also noticed a backwards F on the left side of the logo.

It was actually done on purpose for Florida...like I said I'm a genius..

no no no I'm kidding about that one, but now I won't unsee that too now. haha.

It's kind of hard for me to properly explain what I want to say, so I thought it's easier to post an earlier unfinished and discarded Lightning logo concept from more than a year ago. This might explain how I would draw the "B" in a logo like this without getting to complicated. It's your thread, MrWonka, so please don't misinterpret my intentions.

TBLightning2_zpstdxaxe74.png

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I prefer the first version simply on the merits of that colour scheme. Blue, black and silver is the perfect scheme for a "lightning" based team and would be original to the NHL. I think if you took version one and replaced the black 3D bevel with a solid stroke, you'd have perfection.

Archived