NHL Redesign (Toronto, Detroit, and Chicago added)

timberwolf

Lately I've been working on some NHL redesigns. Like another very talented designer, Vitorio Arts (check out his work by the way), I prefer simple, yet classic and elegant uniform designs. All logos are from this site and I have Calgary in this post and should have Minnesota and possibly Colorado up tonight or tomorrow! C and C is much appreciated!

Calgary Flames

-removed black

-simplified the striping

-used 80s colours

lVnlQGO.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks really nice, the only thing I would change is to reverse the colors of the numbers, and the "C" on the red sweater. It is more aesthetically pleasing, but also more historically accurate.

I agree. The white jersey jumped out right away as awesome but the red one needs a bit more white. The logo should definitely be reversed and the numbers probably as well.

Good stuff though. Red and yellow does not need black.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I really like this re-design of the Calgary Flames home and away uniforms. They definitely remind me of the old Atlanta Flames jerseys from back in the day and that is a good thing. Also, I like your original re-design where the gold is the more dominant color on the home jersey. To be honest, I am not a big fan of the current Flames jerseys and these would be a great upgrade! Nice job!

BROOKLYN ISLANDERS

Okay so I'm skipping over Minny and the Avs at the moment and attempting something that hopefully with attract some readers. Recently they released a newsflash that interested me about a colour change, logo change, and even possibly a name change. Basically a complete rebrand. I had mixed feelings at first but I actually do think that the Islanders need a rebrand or a modernization of sorts. Here's what I would want them to look like. I have black as the main colour and "Brooklyn Blue" and white as the colour palette. I'm keeping the name "Islanders" for now but there's no reference to the Islanders identity, I just couldn't think up a name (leave suggestions with your comments). Hope you enjoy!

Gonpcq1.png

I like the Flames set, but the Brooklyn Islanders ones just don't work. They look like you combined the Jets new uniforms with the original Lightning ones to create them. I would look at getting away from the black, and creating a set that is more focused on "Brooklyn" blue. There would be nothing wrong with keeping the Islanders current colors, and look at a new logo and jersey that separates itself from Long Island (ie. the larger sized NY logo on the Isle's alternates).

Hey everyone! Sorry for the wait! I'm going to finalize the Islanders, and I'm not settled on the colour scheme. Let me know what you guys think!

Black, Brooklyn Blue, and White

KkEZAdk.png

Brooklyn Blue, Black, and White

D1yHzF0.png

Blue, Orange, and White

utNIEcO.png

Blue, Pacific Teal, Orange, and White

rn0dRlL.png

Great update for the Flames. I wouldn't mind seeing that set on the ice at all. As for Brooklyn, my vote goes to the classic Islanders colours. Black, Brooklyn Blue and White is a close second. Nice work so far!

Archived