New Colorado Buffaloes Uniforms

Cujo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will begrudgingly admit that Colorado has a very good color scheme. I'm excited to see this unveil.

col-11-12-whiteblack-jaynekamin-oncea-ve

aaaaand the best away uni's of all time???? :)

Oh for sure. I can't imagine a better carpet for a Suh pick-six than black & gold. ;)

BMF_IFzCMAMaxYG.jpg

Kidding aside, I actually do like the look that CU has had for the last several seasons. Black and gold is a good high-contrast color scheme, which always helps, IMO.

Kinda surprised he didn't kick the QB in the nuts and stomp on his head before he scored. :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

cu2001.png

From the teasers, I have a good feeling these are going to look a lot like the Gary Barnett-era unis.

All that's left to decide is: What will the striping look like and what color they'll choose for alternate jerseys & helemts.

Is that really an era that people want to be reminded of?

spacer.png

cu2001.png

From the teasers, I have a good feeling these are going to look a lot like the Gary Barnett-era unis.

All that's left to decide is: What will the striping look like and what color they'll choose for alternate jerseys & helemts.

Not the worst era in CU history. In 2001, they won the Big 12 North with a 62-36 demolishing of a Nebraska team that played in the National Championship, then beat Texas for the conference championship. There were decent years in the Barnett era.

48 hours away! Colorado is doing a good job of keeping it under wraps so far....

@cubuffs

48 HOURS until we unveil our new unis at Student Field Day. Is that a pattern in our numbers? #443 #GoBuffs

CDyyhbLVAAA5jyV.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

The rock pattern makes sense, I guess, with the Flatirons and all, if that's what it's supposed to be. Not a fan of it on the uniforms, though.

All of the teasers had me really looking forward to these uniforms up until that last one. The stitching seems excessive.

IUe6Hvh.png

cu2001.png

Not the worst era in CU history. In 2001, they won the Big 12 North with a 62-36 demolishing of a Nebraska team that played in the National Championship, then beat Texas for the conference championship. There were decent years in the Barnett era.

I wasn't referring to their on-field performance.

spacer.png

In the tweet they mention the number 443. They confirmed on twitter that it wasn't pantone color 443.

I saw on twitter that 443 could mean 4 helmets (white, silver/gray, black, gold) 4 jerseys (white, black, silver/gray, gold) and three pants (black gold and white or silver/gray)

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

What year was it when they had the split-number font style (like the Blue Jays)? Those were pretty neat.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What year was it when they had the split-number font style (like the Blue Jays)? Those were pretty neat.

1997-1999. The split was removed from the digits in 2000.

cu_1998.png

6uXNWAo.png

So the entire Jersey will have the rock pattern because that's not a solid white

The teaser pic with just the swoosh sure looks solid white.

And the "Colorado" tease shows a solid black jersey.

The entire jersey won't have a rock pattern.

if you're expecting simplicity and timeless minimalism i think you might be disappointed. thats the kind of uniform they have now, Nike isn't going to just throw a pattern into the numbers and call it finished. the number texture is cool though, looks like a heather fabric.

im expecting something within the shoulder/sleeve area, alternate jersey color, and 2 alternate helmets. 1 will probably be really stupid.

but looking at Nike's work this year, i have hope this uniform will still be good. they're all about patterns right now, but for the most part have applied them tastefully. hopefully that's what we get, another tasteful uniform we can live with, but it certainly will be different from what they're wearing now.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived