What NFL changes SHOULD be next

WideRight

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Redskins: go back to the white jersey over burgundy pants over white socks on the road

Rams: Go back to the yellow and blue, bring back the Super Bowl winning uniforms.

Ravens: Ditch the black pants. Their first Super Bowl title was much more pleasing on the eyes than their second.

Cardinals: time for new uni's. The random piping looks dated and was never good looking to begin with. Keep the helmet as is though. The helmet and logo are top notch.

Vikings: ditch the wacky number shtick

Buccaneers and Jaguars: [insert obvious statement]

90758391980.gif

1. Bengals - get rid of side panels and all the orange on the away jersey.

2. Ravens - go all-in and take the stripes off the white pants. Add some purple pants.

3. Texans - go full Nike and update the uniform. Add holsters to the pants, miniature spurs, etc.

Here's some of my choices:

1. Chargers: Nike turns back the clock by having a White helmet, 2 jerseys (Powder Blue and white ), and 2 pants (Yellow and White).
  2. Eagles: They return to Kelly green but keep the gray and black from the current set. I see them having a green helmet, 4 jersey options (green, white, black, and grey), and 4 pant choices (green, white, gray, and black).
  3. Rams: Return to the Super Bowl winning uniforms.
  4. Titans: They go old school while having a mix and match. I see them having a light blue helmet (use similar stripe as in the pants and use the T sword logo), 3 Jersey options (Titans Blue, White, Navy), 3 pant options (Titans Blue, White, Navy).
  5. Panthers: I see them embrace black as a color rather than silver. My Predictions: a black helmet, 3 Jersey options (black, white, and blue) and 3 pant options (Black, white, and blue).

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Arizona Cardinals - Redesign the uniform and dropping the gray facemask in favor of red or black. I would personally love to see them use Sandstone as one of their colors. Shameless Plug:

05%2B-%2BAlternate%2BHome%2B(W-S-W).PNG

The Desert Cardinals

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

1) Cincinnati Bengals - Remove the white side panel on the Home & Alternate jersey.

2) Dallas Cowboys - Pick one shade of blue and use it throughout all uniforms.

3) Arizona Cardinals - Redesign the uniform and dropping the gray facemask in favor of red or black. I would personally love to see them use Sandstone as one of their colors. Shameless Plug:

01%2B-%2BHome%2B(W-R-W).PNG

That looks like a high school team to me, just saying. However, it's still an interesting idea.

Chargers need to make powder blue the primary color. They can keep navy as a secondary color and for alternate jersey but it's time. Especially with the Titans abandoning it.

It's never going to happen under Spanos ownership. They all love navy. After all, it's a safe, uninspiring, and mediocre color, perfect for the way they run the franchise.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1. Bengals - get rid of side panels and all the orange on the away jersey.

2. Ravens - go all-in and take the stripes off the white pants. Add some purple pants.

3. Texans - go full Nike and update the uniform. Add holsters to the pants, miniature spurs, etc.

Hold on.

Purple pants for the ravens?

That sounds like it could end badly.

Safest bet would probably be one pair of striped white pants

Since I can't change anything on the recent Nike updates.

1. Bengals - remove drop shadows and side panels.

2. Rams - back to pre-2000 set.

3. Cardinals - complete re-do.

HM:

Falcons - Need something new. An update of the throwbacks with the red helmet maybe. At worst bring back the black jersey and pants (never to be worn together).

Eagles - I think Midnight green is ugly. Go back to Kelly and Gray. Could even keep black around and have a black Alt still if they like.

Vikings: Ditch the serifs and add yellow outline to the numbers.

Bengals: Just go back to the 80s.

Lions: Ditch the black. (Essentially go back in time to the Sanders days but with the current logo; maybe tone down the stripes to today's reality).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1) Cincinnati Bengals - Remove the white side panel on the Home & Alternate jersey.

3) Arizona Cardinals - Redesign the uniform and dropping the gray facemask in favor of red or black. I would personally love to see them use Sandstone as one of their colors. Shameless Plug:

That looks like a high school team to me, just saying. However, it's still an interesting idea.

Traditional design look like a high school team? I believe you have this confused with the Cleveland Browns.

BTW, I based the color off of desert cardinal found in Arizona:

pyr_nedharris.jpg

spacer.png

Traditional design look like a high school team? I believe you have this confused with the Cleveland Browns.

BTW, I based the color off of desert cardinal found in Arizona:

pyr_nedharris.jpg

I don't think that's what he meant, team builder is pretty ugly though just in general regardless of the concept. I personally am not too fond of the concept, that'd be Ok for an accent color just wouldn't want to see that sand gray jersey or whatever though

3. St. Louis Rams

a. gold pants for all uniform combos. No stripes on pants, just hip logo.

b. add white to some of the curves of the helmet (see image below)

Had I allowed the recent redoes to be undone I would have a lot more. What would you change?

And this is what I mean about the Ram helmet.

RamsHome.png

The helmet is nice, but that jersey needs some work. Drop shadow on the front, regular outline on the back, and the numbers are on an incline? Ugh.

With the rebirth of the Los Angeles Rams likely next season, the St. Louis era gold and blue combination will probably be phased out as well. The LA Rams will either bring back the blue & white set from the 1960s, or the 1973-99 blue & yellow set.

owners vote out the one helmet rule

Steelers, go back to the block numerals and lettering in the jerseys

giants, as long as mara and tisch are living and running the team, the current unis will never change, but either bring back the red jersey or the LT era unis as a alt

rams, pre 2000 unis no modernized look or anything

bengals, makeover

falcons, makeover

bears, orange alt and black cleats returning

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

ooo, Washington talk. another opportunity for more shameless self promotion :)

REDHAWKS: https://www.behance.net/gallery/11458543/Washington-Redhawks-Brand-Identity-Proposal

V1RGOvk.png

There are a lot of new name/uniform concepts out there for the 'Skins (and a lot of painfully awful ones at that) but this is hands down the best one I've ever seen! Love the balance you've come up with on the jerseys (the white one looks so much better than their current one) and bravo on reintroducing the burgundy pants. Even the Redhawks moniker is solid and not a far cry from their current nickname. I'm not a huge advocate of a name change but after seeing this I would not mind one bit.

Concur - after SB 50, go back to a more original template for each SB. And I think it would be fun to see a gold-plated Lombardi trophy for this game - a real one-off.

Maybe they could use standard NFC and AFC championship trophy logos on jersey's for those games.

Archived