What NFL changes SHOULD be next

WideRight

Not what is next, but who you would adjust and how. Let's set some basic ground rules for the thread:

1. Cannot be a team that has changed in the past 3 years, so no Buccaneers, Seahawk or Jaguars reset (though I would love to see this).

2. Limit yourself to no more than 3 teams.

My three are:

1. New York Jets: Keep the basic design but...

a. lighten the green to somewhere between current and old kelly and match the greens across all materials.

b. simplify the helmet logo, perhaps just NY with a jet element (like old green helmets) in a green circle

c. slightly taper the helmet stripes (like Bills have done) and do the same from waist to knee on pants.

2. Arizona Cardinals

a. move to either a burgundy or white facemask

b. change pant stripe to something more like Atlanta, with a pinstripe as the main element.

c. possibly add some yellow somewhere to match from beak of logo cardinal.

3. St. Louis Rams

a. gold pants for all uniform combos. No stripes on pants, just hip logo.

b. add white to some of the curves of the helmet (see image below)

Had I allowed the recent redoes to be undone I would have a lot more. What would you change?

And this is what I mean about the Ram helmet.

RamsHome.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Cardinals: Same helmet.

a. White primary (like Dolphins), classic cardinal red color and black sleeve/shoulder stripes, white pants with straight red and black leg stripes. Red pants with stripes for some road games.

b. All cardinal red color jersey with white only numbers and last name, maybe chest logo. Never to be worn with red pants.

2. Pats: Same helmet and fonts.

a. Get rid of underarm piping and other thin piping on all jerseys, and multicolor collar. Blue home with Red and white stripe on shoulder. White away with red and blue shoulder stripe. Red alt with blue and white shoulder stripe.

b. Both silver and white pants options with red/blue stripe. Also blue pants with red/white stripe for the road.

3. Saints: Darker gold color (mustard gold?)

a. Black jerseys with white numbers, gold trim. White jersey with Gold numbers and black trim. Maybe gold alt with white numbers and black trim.

b. Gold pants with white and black stripe, white pants with black/gold stripe. Black pants with white/gold stripe for road. Never go all gold.

Could come up with maybe 20 more...

Falcons - the throwbacks with the red helmet and black jersey to me looks great. A modern interpretation of this would be a winner.

Patriots - bring back the red throwbacks with a white helmet and do a variation in white for the road uni's. In the style of old miss.

Bengals - because my god, those uni's are tragic.

1. Eagles - Kelly green and white; no team has kelly green. Then again, no team uses blackgreen or whatever the heck it is. Just return to '70 Eagles.

2. Rams - Two words: Jack Youngblood

3. Broncos - 1998 is history yet the uniform sticks around; return to royal and orange and refreshed "D" or bucking bronco logo on helmet

Good cowboys rendering. Do something like that and an inverse blue/white color uniform - with the same pants. No alternate necessary, just like the Packers, Bears, Steelers, Raiders and 49ers.

1. Rams: Slightly modernized dark royal blue and yellow. White, blue, and yellow pants. Blue and white throwback alt (can tape/paint over the yellow helmet stripes to white, like they do now with gold to yellow)

2. Chargers. Change nothing - well, maybe add some alternate yellow pants.

3. Falcons: Red helmet. Black jersey, white pants with red/black stripes. Red alt. White jersey with red numbers trimmed in black - red pants with white and black stripe. Same logo and fonts, minus the tricolor sleeves.

There are some aesthetic changes that could be made to help various team's identities, but there really is only one change that should be made in the NFL, and that's with a team in the nation's capital. However, the disclaimer on this board asks us politely to not talk about it too much so I won't.

After Brady retires: Patriots

I think about this when a franchise player retires. This will be a perfect situation for change. They won't though because of the success of the franchise while wearing the current uniforms.

1) Cincinnati Bengals - Remove the white side panel on the Home & Alternate jersey.

2) Dallas Cowboys - Pick one shade of blue and use it throughout all uniforms.

3) Arizona Cardinals - Redesign the uniform and dropping the gray facemask in favor of red or black. I would personally love to see them use Sandstone as one of their colors. Shameless Plug:

05%2B-%2BAlternate%2BHome%2B(W-S-W).PNG

01%2B-%2BHome%2B(W-R-W).PNG

spacer.png

There are some aesthetic changes that could be made to help various team's identities, but there really is only one change that should be made in the NFL, and that's with a team in the nation's capital. However, the disclaimer on this board asks us politely to not talk about it too much so I won't.

Well, the REDSKINS don't play in the nation's capital, they play in Landover, so nothing needs to happen. Problem solved.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

After Brady retires: Patriots

I think about this when a franchise player retires. This will be a perfect situation for change. They won't though because of the success of the franchise while wearing the current uniforms.

I think the Patriots will go home reds once Brady &/or Belichick retires first. Keep in mind, they tried to keep the SB dynasty stuff around the stadium for a few more years until Belichick tore it all down to keep motivated.

This reminds me of that.

I'd wonder if they go full throwback reds with white helmet, while keeping their current logo. Kinda like the Buffalo Bills full throwback'ish uni + modern logo'd white helmet.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

3. St. Louis Rams

a. gold pants for all uniform combos. No stripes on pants, just hip logo.

b. add white to some of the curves of the helmet (see image below)

Had I allowed the recent redoes to be undone I would have a lot more. What would you change?

And this is what I mean about the Ram helmet.

RamsHome.png

The helmet is nice, but that jersey needs some work. Drop shadow on the front, regular outline on the back, and the numbers are on an incline? Ugh.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Well, the REDSKINS don't play in the nation's capital, they play in Landover, so nothing needs to happen. Problem solved.

Yep. Problem solved. Go :censored: yourself.

Yep. Problem solved. Go :censored: yourself.

All class aren't you? The Redskins (that's the name of the team) seriously do need to go back to the 70th anniversary unis. I'm also kinda tired of the gold/yellow/whatever color pants they wear with the white jerseys on the road, I actually miss the burgundy pants...such a staple for them during their glory years.

1) Redskins: Go Back to the spear

a. Basically go back to the 70th anniversary look w/ current colors

b. Numbers need outline too

2) Jets: There needs to be a Jet somewhere

a. consistent green

3) Giants: Blue outlines on white jersey

Totally agree on the giants. Would be 10000x better than the 49ers replicas they play in now. The last sets white jerseys were far superior imo

GO NETS.

Archived