What NFL changes SHOULD be next

WideRight

Don't know why people bother with Dallas concepts. They will never change their uniform to make it make sense, they love being hated. If anything they'll add a fourth shade of silver, and black accents on just the blue jersey.

Its essentially a modernized version of the original scheme. And a lot of Cowboys fans loved the Blue and White uniforms... no silver green, just blue and white.

And yeah JJ will never go to it, but when I take over the world Im overpaying for the boys and changing it and burning every reference to the silver green.

I don't understand why so many love the Skins spear helmet. While I like it, I prefer the current much more. But hey, that's just my opinion.

I like the spear helmet too, but I agree the current color scheme and helmet logo are dar better.

The spear logo has now been copied by hundreds of college and high school teams, so going back to it now would make them resemble an amatuer team more than a pro team. Most people won't realize they had it first anyway.

It would make a great throwback for nostalgia, but going back to it now would be a downgrade. The current logo is solid. You can't get a more poweful meaning than that.

Look at the two options, there's no wat the spear looks better.

nfl-washington-redskins-arizona-cardinal

This is hands down the best looking helmet in the NFL as much as I hate the Redskins, I just love this helmet. Only the Skins can pull off the mustard facemask!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay these are my ideas:

AFC East

Buffalo: Perfect. Just wear blue pants more (maybe a blue helmet?)

Miami: Please add more orange with a modern sleep stripe.

New England: Simplify and modernize uniforms using new wordmark font

NY Jets: Make NY alt logo on helmet with added jet (from Kelly era) over the NY. Revert back to Kelly Green (although their current green is unique and more military-ish). Taper all the stripes (pants, helmet, jersey stripe)

AFC North

Baltimore: Add purple and gold tapered lines (like the helmet) to the black pants. Get rid off the white ones. Fix logo helmet.

Cincinnati: Get rid of the side panels. Broaden the numbers and lose the drop shadow by replacing it with an outline.

Cleveland: Go backwards. Add orange pants and bring back the brownie logo (a more modern version)

Pittsburgh: Change to a more block font or something blockish but still curvy.

AFC South

Houston: Change to a more modern pant stripe reflecting Texas. Add more white to the navy and red jerseys and navy to the white. Lose red pants.

Jacksonville: Move to St. Louis. Lose the gradient helmet (go solid black). Combine the old jaguar with the new one (new one looks not like a logo but an illustration)

Indianapolis: Make helmet stripe a double stripe to match stripes throughout the uniform. Revert to white or back to blue facemask.

Tennessee: Go light blue, red and silver re-do.

AFC West

Denver: Modernize the orange and blue 60's uniform and keep the logo. Go Dark Royal rather than Navy.

Kansas City: Slightly modernize uniforms. Add yellow to helmet log. Go with metallic Red helmet.

Oakland: Switch to silver numbers with black outline on homes.

San Diego: Love the Chargers look. Just make the light blues the home jersey and the navy the alt and fix stripes and light bolts on the uniforms.

NFC East

Dallas: Standardize the blues and silvers (go with dark royal and silver-blue) with the old font type from the 60s and 70s.

NY Giants: Add red northwestern stripe to blue uniforms. Make the numbers on the away uniforms blue. Keep the white pants with gray.

Philadelphia: No midnight green. No Kelly green. But Emerald Green with silver. No Black. Get inspiration from 80's Super Unis and Oregon.

Washington: Combine Vince Lombardi era uniforms with the spear uniforms. Burn the current ones.

NFC North

Chicago: Get rid of the orange uniforms.

Detroit: Keep uniforms but get rid of black.

Green Bay: Cool

Minnesota: Modern classic

NFC South

Atlanta: Some guys on the board has done uniforms simplifying the look but keep the numbers and adding the falcon wings as jersey stripes. That's the perfect look.

Carolina: Silver pants with white uniforms or black helmets with elimination of silver.

New Orleans: Modernize 60s/70s uniforms.

Tampa Bay: Keep uniforms. Remove clock effects to number fonts. Go back to old logo and helmet.

NFC West

Arizona: Follow the Vikings lead. Simplify but modernize.

Los Angeles (St. Louis): Keep uniforms but change gold to color between athletic gold and Vegas gold.

San Francisco: Either add a little black or remove black completely. Add a little gold to uniforms (stripes)

Seattle: Keep new logo and number font. Revert to silver helmet. Modernize Steve Largent uniforms. Not Navy. Not Royal Blue but Marine Blue (Blue with a little green in it).

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I wish people would stop trying to give the Falcons red helmets. The black helmet is perfect and works with the red jersey, black jersey and white jersey. That red helmet only works with the black jersey in my opinion. I think the Falcons should just simplify what we've already got, similar to what the niners did with their last update. Our current look is synonymous with success and is pretty well liked here in Georgia. No need for an overhaul, just some tweaks.

Anyway, the three I would choose are NYG, NE and JAX. I have some cool ideas for them.

The one thing about Dallas that irritates me more than anything else is the blue jersey does not remotely match the white jersey. The pants thing isn't that big a deal to me, but the blue jersey looks like a fashion jersey. Make it a mirror image of the white one like the Staubach era. Even the Danny White - Tony Dorsett ones with the silver numbers would be an improvement. I realize that jersey is an afterthought since we only see it 2-3 times a year, but fix it anyway.

Saints should change to Mardi Gras colors of purple, green, and gold or change the gold to brass.

I'd like to see someone do a mock up of the mardi gras saints.

mdsaint_zpssjcmxplj.png

Replace the green jersey with the purple jersey as the primary, then use the green jersey as an alternate, and now were talking!!

Okay these are my ideas:

AFC North

Cleveland: Go backwards. Add orange pants and bring back the brownie logo (a more modern version)

NFC North

Chicago: Get rid of the orange uniforms.

The Browns do have orange pants now, and the Bears did get rid of the orange uniforms.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Raiders, Falcons, Packers, and Panthers all switch to the Elite 51 template. Or better yet, as the premier football league, everyone switch to the Mach Speed template to show off Nike's “premier” template.

The Cowboys wear the pants that match the blue jersey full time, and adjust the blue on the white jersey to match the color of the blue jersey. One silver, one blue.

The Cardinals, Falcons, and Bengals need to simplify their looks. Getting rid of the piping for the Bengals would do wonders. Make the black (Falcons) and orange (Bengals) jersey the designated home jersey, but also allow teams to wear alternates as much as they want. Cardinals, meanwhile, should play up the state flag motif.

There are also some minor changes that would improve a number of teams' looks, including the Patriots losing the piping and changing the stripes on their blue pants; teams wearing different colored socks than their pants (Ravens, Saints, Seahawks, etc) by using the team's secondary color; the NFL getting rid of the sock rule in regards to how much white has to show; and the Ravens and Saints adding stripes to their pants.

The three I listed first, as requested, are most glaring. In regards to Tampa, Jacksonville, and Cleveland, respectively, change the number font and put the pirate ship on the sleeves; solid black helmet; and invert the number colors on the brown and white jerseys.

Tampa Bay could have had reflective numbers and maybe "sword slashes" in a vast number of fonts...why they chose alarm clock numbers still baffles me. And why they think "Bucs" is a better sleeve logo than the pirate ship is even more puzzling. I know this board has talked about this ad nauseum the past 12 months, but it's obvious those are two huge weaknesses in the new uniforms.

One change I would love to see: The Cowboys start wearing navy jerseys more often at home. No sense for them wearing white at home anymore especially in air conditioned dome. Right? Besides, I am really tired of hearing the "blue jersey" curse, it is getting to be a little childish don't you think? Time for some changing beginning with the jerseys.

Changes would make in the NFC:

NFC North: Nothing. All four teams have perfectly fine uniforms.

NFC South:

Bucs: Go back to their old uniforms (1997-2013). I know it won't happen, but they should.

Panthers: Only change I would make is make the blue unis their official homes uniforms, and switch black to alternate.

Saints: Dump the black pants and go back to gold.

Falcons: Make black your official home uniform color..

NFC East:

Eagles: If Chip Kelly intends on making the Eagles the Oregon Ducks of the NFL, then why not follow the new school trend and get Oregon looking uniforms? No, not a different uniform each week, but since green is the primary color of the Eagles and Oregon, maybe go with something like these below?

Away unis:

oryWCUi.jpg

As for the home unis, go with something like this, but replace the yellow with silver, go silver/grey pants and silver helmet.

Fk4e0a5.jpg

I'm generally a traditionalist when it comes to uniforms, but I don't mind these Oregon unis and I think the Eagles are a team that should go in this direction. I'm not a fan of their current set and I never really cared for their old kelly green unis either.

Cowboys: Nothing.

Redskins: Nothing

Giants: Nothing.

NFC West

49ers: Get rid of those awful black alternates.

Seahawks: Wear wolf grey pants with the home unis. Bring back the silver helmets, but with a modern touch.

Rams: Go back to the blue and yellow unis they wore in their Super Bowl season (1999).

Cardinals: Not really much besides a few tweaks with their stripping.

Semi off-topic, but the only thing I really care about right now is my Rams staying in St. Louis. And then Kroenke leaving.

St. Louis Rams: Back to the GSOT uniforms, or at least gold pants

Broncos: Return to the D helmet and some form of the old uniform. Nostalgia or whatever, but I always really loved that, especially the helmet, and I thought it suited Denver/Colorado well.

Bengals: Change everything aside from the helmet.

NFC East:

Eagles: If Chip Kelly intends on making the Eagles the Oregon Ducks of the NFL, then why not follow the new school trend and get Oregon looking uniforms? No, not a different uniform each week, but since green is the primary color of the Eagles and Oregon, maybe go with something like these below?

I'm generally a traditionalist when it comes to uniforms, but I don't mind these Oregon unis and I think the Eagles are a team that should go in this direction. I'm not a fan of their current set and I never really cared for their old kelly green unis either.

I like those Oregon unis too, but only for Oregon. Philly needs its own identity, not a college team's.

Saints should change to Mardi Gras colors of purple, green, and gold or change the gold to brass.

I'd like to see someone do a mock up of the mardi gras saints.

mdsaint_zpssjcmxplj.png

The New Orleans Krewe look great.

NFC East:

I like those Oregon unis too, but only for Oregon. Philly needs its own identity, not a college team's.

Plus, when he's fired after this season, they're really going to regret looking like Ducks.

87Redskins.png

Broncos: Return to the D helmet and some form of the old uniform. Nostalgia or whatever, but I always really loved that, especially the helmet, and I thought it suited Denver/Colorado well.

A Broncos' return to the D helmet would break the internets with glee.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Disagree; Their current logo is the best logo they've ever had. Plus, it looks incredibly awkward having non-symmetric letters on a helmet (Thank you, Cincinnati).

Archived