Padres navy/orange concept

Ray Lankford

This is a sequel to me earlier brown Padres series. That one was more wishful thinking while this one is a helpful suggestion to the team, which seems pretty set on switching back to navy and orange next season (the team has been overloading on 98 nostalgia and the new team president cut his teeth with that team).

My goal was to update the 98 look by modernizing it and keep unique among all the other teams that wear orange. I also didn't want to go too heavy in one direction as the either, as Padres fans can be a bit sensitive about looking too much like the Giants or the Dodgers. I think I did a good job of splitting the difference but of course, constructive criticism is welcome.

NO%20home%20full.png

NO%20road%20full.png

NO%20alt%20full.png

I hope that the home and road jerseys speak for themselves but I know some explanation is needed for the navy alt. I went blue-on-blue as a tribute to the alternate jersey the Padres wore in 98, which is a personal favorite. I played around with a white-on-blue look and it didn't look bad but I thought I'd start with this one and see what people think.

If the reception to this is OK, I have a camo version planned and a brown alternate (the Padres are supposedly thinking about wearing brown on Fridays).

I love them! Those great 98 unis are the best in team history! I have a few suggestions though. Add pinstripes to the home uni but replace the Padres font with the current font. For the blue alt I say drop the Padres wordmark and add the SD like they currently do with their blue jersey. Other than those suggestions, THESE UNIS ROCK! From a die hard Padres fan.

I love them! Those great 98 unis are the best in team history! I have a few suggestions though. Add pinstripes to the home uni but replace the Padres font with the current font. For the blue alt I say drop the Padres wordmark and add the SD like they currently do with their blue jersey. Other than those suggestions, THESE UNIS ROCK! From a die hard Padres fan.

I could not agree more. Love those jerseys. Fantastic job on this set.

Archived