Unused Logos and Uniforms

I was Googling earlier this afternoon and found this prototype Phoenix Suns jersey from the early '70s. I am assuming that it was around the time they switched to their famous Western Font style. Does anyone have any info on it?

18342_01_lg.jpg

It also made me interested in finding other prototype jerseys in the Big Four. I am aware of the Nordiques and a Padres jersey from the '90s. Does anyone else have any they want to share here?

• Like 1

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

well, you have the faux-vest look the Dodgers almost went with when they brought back the Los Angeles script back in 99, a blue vest with light blue undershirts that the Blue Jays had intended to use as an alternate back in 97, and then one I half-wish had come out: the mythical green Bucks third with the Milwaukee script that was supposed to come out back in 05 (scrapped because of the return to green & red the following season)

Then there's a version of the Lakers' whites that had gold numbers that I remember seeing in Eastbay back when they started using em. And of course, no thread of this nature is complete with out mention of the mythical teal pants the Jaguars had but never wore (not just one, but two sets of em, one with striping, the other with the jaguar head)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Couldn't we just dig up the annual prototype thread?

Does it really matter that much to you? Has this thread somehow made your life a little less enjoyable? Unfortunately, the world just isn't as neat and orderly as we'd like.

On topic: I really like that Suns jersey.

BB52Big.jpg

Does it really matter that much to you? Has this thread somehow made your life a little less enjoyable? Unfortunately, the world just isn't as neat and orderly as we'd like.

Actually, I was considering digging it up because I have tons of pictures of prototypes and I don't want to take the time to load them all when I'm sure they are in some thread around here somewhere.

Actually, I was considering digging it up because I have tons of pictures of prototypes and I don't want to take the time to load them all when I'm sure they are in some thread around here somewhere.

My fault. I apologize. I thought you were pulling a backseat mod thing. Back seat moderating drives me nuts.

You can find a bunch of the pics here.

BB52Big.jpg

My fault. I apologize. I thought you were pulling a backseat mod thing. Back seat moderating drives me nuts.

No problem man. That link should help take care of quite a few. Thanks for sharing.

No problem man. That link should help take care of quite a few. Thanks for sharing.

Scroll to the Blue Jays section of that article, and you'll find a familiar name ;)

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Scroll to the Blue Jays section of that article, and you'll find a familiar name ;)

why am i not surprised? :rolleyes:

Not a full uniform, but...

unused_jags_logo.png

The somewhat infamous original logo for the Jacksonville Jaguars, bound to be the franchise's primary logo but unused due to a potential lawsuit by Ford.

Actually, this logo of a jaguar looked to much like Jaguar's jaguar so in actuality, Jaguar had beef with the Jacksonville Jaguars jaguar logo.

unused_jags_logo.png

The somewhat infamous original logo for the Jacksonville Jaguars, bound to be the franchise's primary logo but unused due to a potential lawsuit by Ford.

Actually, this logo of a jaguar looked to much like Jaguar's jaguar so in actuality, Jaguar had beef with the Jacksonville Jaguars jaguar logo.

...and who owns jaguar?...

unused_jags_logo.png

Tata Motors

unused_jags_logo.png

Tata Motors

true that. till 08 and at the time of the jags, twas ford.

unused_jags_logo.png

Tata Motors

I know. I was attempting to be a smart ass.

Interesting how Jaguar went from being owned by a bunch of asses to being owned by boobies.

• Like 1

unused_jags_logo.png

Tata Motors

I know. I was attempting to be a smart ass.

Interesting how Jaguar went from being owned by a bunch of asses to being owned by boobies.

its sad, this is the way the entire british car industry has gone.

jaguar - tata

land rover - tata

mini - bmw

bentley - vw

aston martin - still sort of british but owned by kuwaiti consortium

mclaren - daimler and ron dennis and tata

tvr - russian guy

mg - Nanjing Automobile Group

only car manufacturers left are bristol caterham, morgan, nobel, ascari and a few others even ive never heard of.