jhans203

Unused Logos and Uniforms

43 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

If your job is to sell merchandise, you might not be able to tell the difference. ;)

Thats very true. 

But it doesn't mean we have to humor them. :P

On 4/2/2016 at 7:30 PM, bluemagic89 said:

Sorry..I was on mobile.

Circa 1987 or so....

IMG_2419.JPG

IMG_2420.JPG

It's obvious that many of these were designed by a graduate of THE Ohio State University.

. . . and they're all pretty bad.

I feel like something's missing from all of those "THE Orlando Magic" logos.

Like maybe the frequency.

THE ORLANDO MAGIC 93.7.  The best soft rock hits from the 50s, 60s, and 70s.  93.7, Orlando!

Apparently BC's basketball team was considering these shiny gold uniforms when they signed with Starter in the mid-'90s:

5oP4LRR.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1994-95-Boston-College-Prototype-Game-Jersey-Shorts-by-Starter-Not-Worn-/182113634656?hash=item2a66d18960:g:47YAAOSwZSFXJO4y

In addition to the inclusion of "The" in front of Orlando Magic in most of those logos, it's interesting that many of them use OrlandO. I wonder why the capitalizing of the second O was such an important design choice.

1 hour ago, Bmac said:

In addition to the inclusion of "The" in front of Orlando Magic in most of those logos, it's interesting that many of them use OrlandO. I wonder why the capitalizing of the second O was such an important design choice.

Nice catch...and I have no idea.

On 4/4/2016 at 9:02 AM, leopard88 said:

It's obvious that many of these were designed by a graduate of THE Ohio State University.

. . . and they're all pretty bad.

Hey, now...

3 minutes ago, B-mer said:

Mickey Mouse ears?

That seems very possible. Subtle nod to Disney...although as litigious as Disney is, they probably couldn't have gotten away with it, hence the lack of a second capitalized "O" in the final version.

19 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

Anyone ever seen anything like this before? It's a black version of the Kings' infamous 90s third jersey.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/FLAW-Last1-L-k-90s-LA-Kings-BLACK-Burger-King-Jersey-XL-New-Twill-Embroidery-/222135712199?hash=item33b851f9c7:g:1aEAAOSw41xXOsY9

VxuFiLo.jpg

Interesting find. Maybe a Starter fashion jersey?

19 minutes ago, charger77 said:

Another amazing find:

GUFdRUZ.jpg

Nyrcka5.jpg

2adJQZP.jpg

22 minutes ago, charger77 said:

From the description it sounds like someone had a batch made up, not a contemporary manufacture of the supposed release date of the jersey. The design is also not quite exact to any pictures of the "real" thing. 

That said, if anyone ever wanted to own one I'm sure this is the closest you'll ever get. 

On January 8, 2016 at 3:22 PM, frosty06306 said:

Good idea to never let these see the light of day by UNC - those aren't good.

Worse than black 

3 hours ago, Lights Out said:

VxuFiLo.jpg

Interesting find. Maybe a Starter fashion jersey?

I don't get it. Where's the fashion?

59 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I don't get it. Where's the fashion?

The fashion is called the 90s!!!:P

9 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

The fashion is called the 90s!!!:P

Hey, some things from the '90s looked good...just not that.

A couple more unused finds:

Apparently, when Adidas was designing the Sacramento Kings' previous uniform set, they were originally going to put the wordmarks in their proper places: the city name on the road and (presumably) the team name at home. This prompts the question of how they managed to screw it up on the final product.

ZkVun0G.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AUTHENTIC-2008-SACRAMENTO-KINGS-NBA-ADIDAS-SAMPLE-JERSEY-48-0-SEWN-NWT-/291746084639?hash=item43ed6bf71f%3Ag%3AIEsAAOSwa-dWpykz&nma=true&si=OS9Q%252FJRktLie%252FzipTLqzf7tef%252BU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Here's a prototype of the Bucks' prior uniform set. Not much different than the ones they actually wore, but the collar here is tri-color instead of two-tone.

v34VFXl.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-UNUSUAL-SALESMAN-SAMPLE-MILWAUKEE-BUCKS-NBA-BASKETBALL-JERSEY-50-SEWN-ON-/182040744390?hash=item2a627951c6%3Ag%3AP84AAOSwKtVW1g8D&nma=true&si=OS9Q%252FJRktLie%252FzipTLqzf7tef%252BU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557