Unused Logos and Uniforms

On 2/5/2017 at 9:43 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

On account of the fact that "Houndogs" is not a word, I am glad that this team did not materialise.

If you're from Columbus, Ohio (or went to school there), "Houndogs" may still not be a word, but "Hounddog's" most certainly is...delicious pizza.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

This just popped on Instagram today and I've never ever seen any of these before...

(press play)

That is an absolutely massive logo.

• Like 1

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

6 hours ago, worcat said:

This was posted by the St. Louis Blues on Facebook today in a GIF video format. Wish they posted more than just three concepts they considered.

Blues_Proto.png

The middle one isn't terrible. And I love that harmonica playing guy shoulder patch, but who the hell thought pink would be a good idea?

10 hours ago, worcat said:

This was posted by the St. Louis Blues on Facebook today in a GIF video format. Wish they posted more than just three concepts they considered.

Blues_Proto.png

I actually really like the middle one. I think the Blues script is really nice and I love the B. I even like the color scheme. I think if it was recolored to blue and yellow it would make for a nice alternate.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2017 at 2:01 PM, Bmac said:

I've seen those Blues concepts before but I just now realized the harmonica playing figure is a human in one mockup and a cat in the other.

Wow, you're right! I had just thought they were identical aside from color.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

That's apparently pretty common mistake from back in the day - what was the context in the video?

IMG_1023.JPG

In the days before digital files, it was common.  There's a thread devoted to these kind of misaligned logos in the 1960s:

It was about today being the anniversary of the announcing of the "Next 6".  

untitled-6.jpg