jhans203

Unused Logos and Uniforms

Discogod    264

And isn't that Danny Ainge in the black jersey? Odd to see him in a non-Blue Jays baseball uni.

BJ Sands    876
On 3/28/2017 at 2:32 PM, SilverBullet1929 said:

Sticking to the 1998 MLB expansion teams, the Arizona Diamonbacks unveiled a look in 95 that was also tweaked once it got to the field in 98. Here's a pic from the unveiling...

Image result for 1998 devil rays uniforms

By 98 all the jerseys were the same but all the white caps were gone and the all teal caps as well. The black cap with the teal brim was kept as the road cap and, ironically, the cap that became the home primary, the all purple cap, was nowhere to be seen in this unveiling. It's funny because we always remember the original DBacks as a purple team but looking at this picture, they seemed to be a teal team first with purple being secondary. Of note, while the cap arrangement did change, the white and teal caps may have still gotten sporadic use in 98. I haven't been able to confirm that they were dropped completely. 

From left to right: Danny Manning, Jerry Colangelo, Danny Ainge, Wesley Person, Paul Westphal, Kevin Johnson. At the time, all were members of the Phoenix Suns. This could also go into the Players in the Wrong Uniform thread as well. Hahaha.

OnWis97    2,185
26 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

From left to right: Danny Manning, Jerry Colangelo, Danny Ainge, Wesley Person, Paul Westphal, Kevin Johnson. At the time, all were members of the Phoenix Suns. This could also go into the Players in the Wrong Uniform thread as well. Hahaha.

LOL...When WSU acknowledged "the taller guy on the left" I thought "that kinda looks like Danny Manning."  Guess I should have looked closer at the other guys.

WSU151    2,395

I really didn't realize those were Suns players in that photo...just wasn't thinking about them in baseball unis.  I should have known that was Manning and KJ.  

Morgo    2,124

Flames prototype that's actually an improvement.  The piping actually goes somewhere and it doesn't have the intersecting hem stripes.  Alberta patch is also a different shape.

kdagniI.jpg

Stars prototype with two layer numbers/script
7cCwMhB.jpg

Avalanche prototype with the earlier footprint patches. 
j6dBxge.jpg

number81    13
On 4/4/2017 at 3:31 PM, Morgo said:

Flames prototype that's actually an improvement.  The piping actually goes somewhere and it doesn't have the intersecting hem stripes.  Alberta patch is also a different shape.

kdagniI.jpg

Stars prototype with two layer numbers/script
7cCwMhB.jpg

Avalanche prototype with the earlier footprint patches. 
j6dBxge.jpg

Weird.. those style yeti footprints were never used on any Avs game jerseys. They first appeared on the Starter retail authentics (made in El Salvador) the inaugural 1995-96 season only (Starter corrected the error the next season) and then showed up again on all ccm / KOHO replicas (late 90s - 2007).  

tohasbo    127

Here is something interesting about the Diamondbacks.  According to that Uni Watch article from 2014, there were supposed to be COPPER pinstripes instead of the purple that they ended up going with.

I actually like that a little bit better but yet again I may be one of the very few.

prototype.jpg

Gobbi    238
11 hours ago, number81 said:

Weird.. those style yeti footprints were never used on any Avs game jerseys. They first appeared on the Starter retail authentics (made in El Salvador) the inaugural 1995-96 season only (Starter corrected the error the next season) and then showed up again on all ccm / KOHO replicas (late 90s - 2007).  

I know I'm missing something, but what exactly is different about the patches?

KittSmith_95    628
8 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

I know I'm missing something, but what exactly is different about the patches?

There's an extra notch in the foot. 

Gobbi    238
18 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Ah, I see it now. Thanks!

rjrrzube    15
4 hours ago, tohasbo said:

Here is something interesting about the Diamondbacks.  According to that Uni Watch article from 2014, there were supposed to be COPPER pinstripes instead of the purple that they ended up going with.

I actually like that a little bit better but yet again I may be one of the very few.

prototype.jpg

The copper pinstripes also were going to be wider than standard. That's the wording I've always heard. Not sure if that meant the gap between the stripes was wider, or the stripes themselves were thicker.

Gobbi    238
14 minutes ago, jlnhlfan said:

Sabres were going to have a different neck style.

s-l1600.jpg

As hated as this identity was, it's scary knowing it could have been worse had the Sabres chosen to go the 2012 NFL route... #FlyWire

WSU151    2,395
5 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

There are more differences than that.  On the "non-official" yeti foot, the hair outlining the foot is a completely different design, the toes are different, the shading's different, extra line down the arch and in the toes.

Official (worn in games):

Ryan-OByrne-Forsberg-Night-Gamer-Right-S

Unofficial (seen on CCM replica jerseys):

IMG_4050.jpg

tubby34    93
On 4/5/2017 at 11:53 PM, number81 said:

Delete.

Edited by tubby34
Answer given above

Lights Out    2,137

Remember the Oilers' old "oil drop" third jerseys? It looks like they were originally going to use a different striping pattern:

2iGZA3E.jpg

9CiDISo.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RYAN-SMYTH-EDMONTON-OILERS-OIL-DROP-CCM-ORIGINAL-REPLICA-JERSEY-LARGE-PROTOTYPE-/201944659637?hash=item2f04d6f6b5:g:MMEAAOSww9xZMatf

Lights Out    2,137
jlnhlfan    17
1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Remember the Oilers' old "oil drop" third jerseys? It looks like they were originally going to use a different striping pattern:

2iGZA3E.jpg

9CiDISo.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RYAN-SMYTH-EDMONTON-OILERS-OIL-DROP-CCM-ORIGINAL-REPLICA-JERSEY-LARGE-PROTOTYPE-/201944659637?hash=item2f04d6f6b5:g:MMEAAOSww9xZMatf

Excuse me, Oilers. The Penguins need to have a word with you.