Unused Logos and Uniforms

I really didn't realize those were Suns players in that photo...just wasn't thinking about them in baseball unis.  I should have known that was Manning and KJ.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Flames prototype that's actually an improvement.  The piping actually goes somewhere and it doesn't have the intersecting hem stripes.  Alberta patch is also a different shape.

kdagniI.jpg

Stars prototype with two layer numbers/script
7cCwMhB.jpg

Avalanche prototype with the earlier footprint patches. 
j6dBxge.jpg

On 4/4/2017 at 3:31 PM, Morgo said:

Flames prototype that's actually an improvement.  The piping actually goes somewhere and it doesn't have the intersecting hem stripes.  Alberta patch is also a different shape.

kdagniI.jpg

Stars prototype with two layer numbers/script
7cCwMhB.jpg

Avalanche prototype with the earlier footprint patches. 
j6dBxge.jpg

Weird.. those style yeti footprints were never used on any Avs game jerseys. They first appeared on the Starter retail authentics (made in El Salvador) the inaugural 1995-96 season only (Starter corrected the error the next season) and then showed up again on all ccm / KOHO replicas (late 90s - 2007).  

• Like 3

Here is something interesting about the Diamondbacks.  According to that Uni Watch article from 2014, there were supposed to be COPPER pinstripes instead of the purple that they ended up going with.

I actually like that a little bit better but yet again I may be one of the very few.

prototype.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, number81 said:

Weird.. those style yeti footprints were never used on any Avs game jerseys. They first appeared on the Starter retail authentics (made in El Salvador) the inaugural 1995-96 season only (Starter corrected the error the next season) and then showed up again on all ccm / KOHO replicas (late 90s - 2007).  

I know I'm missing something, but what exactly is different about the patches?

4 hours ago, tohasbo said:

Here is something interesting about the Diamondbacks.  According to that Uni Watch article from 2014, there were supposed to be COPPER pinstripes instead of the purple that they ended up going with.

I actually like that a little bit better but yet again I may be one of the very few.

prototype.jpg

The copper pinstripes also were going to be wider than standard. That's the wording I've always heard. Not sure if that meant the gap between the stripes was wider, or the stripes themselves were thicker.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jlnhlfan said:

Sabres were going to have a different neck style.

s-l1600.jpg

As hated as this identity was, it's scary knowing it could have been worse had the Sabres chosen to go the 2012 NFL route... #FlyWire

• Like 4

5 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

There's an extra notch in the foot. 

There are more differences than that.  On the "non-official" yeti foot, the hair outlining the foot is a completely different design, the toes are different, the shading's different, extra line down the arch and in the toes.

Official (worn in games):

Ryan-OByrne-Forsberg-Night-Gamer-Right-S

Unofficial (seen on CCM replica jerseys):

IMG_4050.jpg

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2017 at 11:53 PM, number81 said:

Delete.

Edited by tubby34
Answer given above
5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Remember the Oilers' old "oil drop" third jerseys? It looks like they were originally going to use a different striping pattern:

2iGZA3E.jpg

9CiDISo.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RYAN-SMYTH-EDMONTON-OILERS-OIL-DROP-CCM-ORIGINAL-REPLICA-JERSEY-LARGE-PROTOTYPE-/201944659637?hash=item2f04d6f6b5:g:MMEAAOSww9xZMatf

Excuse me, Oilers. The Penguins need to have a word with you.

• Like 1

7aredLammi

On 3/2/2017 at 8:01 AM, kimball said:

I'm in that same boat.

There's some golden info in "In the Hornets' Nest" chronicling the Charlotte Hornets' first season. Before being awarded a team David Stern directed George Shinn to a couple of troubled franchises including the Jazz and the Clippers among other teams. 

I remember reading rumors of the Jazz and Nuggets merging, the group that bought the Kings to move them to Sacramento almost bought the Pacers in 1982 and the Kings almost moving to Dallas or Minneapolis back in the late 70s.

I love all that 'What If' history.

OH ... and then there was the NBA Expansion team awarded to Toronto in 1975, but there wasn't a group that could come up with the franchise fee so expansion was cancelled.

I remember in 1983, there was a rumor that the Pacers would be sold and moved to Anaheim. Living at SoCal at the time, I remember the Pacers had the coin flip with the Rockets coming up that would determine the No. 1 draft pick, which would be Ralph Sampson, and thought it would be cool that Ralph Sampson might be playing for a local team. Of course, the rumor died pretty quickly and the Rockets won the coin flip, anyway.

On 6/3/2017 at 0:53 AM, jlnhlfan said:

Excuse me, Oilers. The Penguins need to have a word with you.

It could be that CCM or whoever the manufacturer was just came up with that template and used it for prototypes for several teams and only the Penguins selected it.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."