Unused Logos and Uniforms

On 7/12/2017 at 8:23 PM, benpc21 said:

I'm not totally convinced that's a prototype. I could be 100% wrong, but my gut tells me it's not. First, when I saw this, this reminded me of some of the early China knockoff jersey styles. You could get Oilers, Flames, Blackhawks, and others on this template that were all fake if my memory serves and i feel like this was one you could get. They used air knit type material too. This jersey is also a CCM branded jersey, which could very well be how they handled prototypes, but at the time, KOHO was the branding on the 3rd/dark jerseys. By the tagging, its a replica, which should have additional branding on the right sleeve as well as an NHL puck logo embroidered on the right rear hem. Speaking of the hem, the hem looks to only be an inch or so. Back in the day, those were closer to 3" if I recall correctly.  Finally, from the picture the tagging in the neck is sewn with 4 diagonal lines, when replicas had the tag sewn in vertically on either side. Again, I could be wrong but my initial instinct is this is either a fake or a fan creation and the branding was added on.

Yeah, this is just a slightly-modified early 2000 Penguins jersey in different colors.  Probably not a real prototype.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

i don't feel that Bruins jersey is real either.  at least, not a real prototype.  It's almost exactly what they were already wearing just with the side panel cutting off the hem stripes.  The color is weird and would have to be a really early version of the edge collar if a true prototype. But the NHL logos look horrible too. 

either way, thank god they moved away from that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2017 at 8:40 AM, B-mer said:

i don't feel that Bruins jersey is real either.  at least, not a real prototype.  It's almost exactly what they were already wearing just with the side panel cutting off the hem stripes.  The color is weird and would have to be a really early version of the edge collar if a true prototype. But the NHL logos look horrible too. 

either way, thank god they moved away from that.

Then again, some ACTUAL Edge prototypes are just that- almost exactly what they were already wearing. Which also applies to the actual products.

• Like 1

7aredLammi

On 3/5/2017 at 10:58 AM, Conrad. said:

Someone pointed this Wolves prototype jersey out to me. Was on ebay, but the link isn't there anymore, unfortunately. Not sure what season this prototype was made for. Maybe when they made their recent change to remove green from the unis?

minny-leak.JPG

dont know why this just wasnt tweaked alittle for now

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2017 at 9:45 AM, Lights Out said:

Another early Reebok Edge prototype has been unearthed - this time for the Bruins, circa 2004:

LsS3SYo.png

LCqz0Ni.jpg

SQ36UjA.png

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOSTON-BRUINS-EARLY-EDGE-PROTOTYPE-2004-AUTHENTIC-REEBOK-JERSEY-SIZE-54-/222599843772?hash=item33d3fc0fbc:g:MYwAAOSw2RdZgK7T

It's weird that they have 2 NHL logos on the jersey. 

• Like 1

XM4KeeA.png

From the latest edition of Game Worn Guide to MLB Jerseys by Bill Henderson, we now know that the Padres had an interesting navy/orange prototype:1

PadresUnused.thumb.png.242e0e361f2f996654455cc195c57642.png

I'm a little disappointed that they didn't go with it. While the wordmark is still a bit crappy, the two-color format really helped it.

1William F. Henderson, “San Diego Padres,” in Game Worn Guide to MLB Jerseys: 1970-2017: Eighth Edition, 8th ed., ed. Rick Subrizio (Philadelphia, PA: Aardvark Publishing, 2017), 2191.

• Like 2