Unused Logos and Uniforms

On 1/24/2018 at 9:59 AM, cmm said:

Bunch of proposed Ottawa Senators logos and jerseys in this video:

EDIT: Bonus--1990 NHL Draft logo at 15:49!

This video has been deleted. Is there any other way to see this clip? Tbh, I'd love to see it.

20 hours ago, Gothamite said:

"CREATING A BRAND IDENTITY: HOW CHARLOTTE BECAME THE BOBCATS"

Can't wait for the sequel PDF, "How Charlotte Came to its Senses":D

More like, "How Charlotte Got Damn-Ass Lucky That Tom Benson Bought the Hornets Franchise And Wanted a New Name, Freeing Up Their Old Name For The Taking" ;)

• Like 7

It is what it is.

5 hours ago, B-Rich said:

More like, "How Charlotte Got Damn-Ass Lucky That Tom Benson Bought the Hornets Franchise And Wanted a New Name, Freeing Up Their Old Name For The Taking" ;)

As a Charlottean, I'm not complaining!

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Look what I found on Phoenix Design Works' website!

QNuxUim.png

They made a full "Blue Jays" script for the Black Jays' identity, as well as a different "Toronto" wordmark and number font.

hJGzHsR.png

Their work also includes a different Astrodome logo and an updated H-star.

Love the full Blue Jays script. The numbers are so-so for me. I'm head over heels for the belveling on the 8, but the 5 and 9 are much too similar.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Look what I found on Phoenix Design Works' website!

QNuxUim.png

They made a full "Blue Jays" script for the Black Jays' identity, as well as a different "Toronto" wordmark and number font.

They could've been on to something if they took that top wordmark and used it on their home jerseys. Preferably without all that overdone beveling, but this is the mid-2000s, so...

Still wouldn't have held a candle to their current set, but words can't express how much I loathed just having "Jays" on the uniform. especially given how oversized that wordmark was.

3 hours ago, PepMan33Conde said:

Quick reply here...

That first jersey with the half circle above the number? That was a stock Cooper jersey template in the early 1980s, seen throughout major junior, i.e. WHL, OHL, and QMJHL. Would've been wild to have seen that in he NHL!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I'm extremely down with that negative space H-Star, but the expanded 2004 Jays set does nothing for me. It's beyond redemption.

Probably for the best that the Jets went with such a conservative uniform. That "major junior stock template" one is atrocious.

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

17 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I'm extremely down with that negative space H-Star, but the expanded 2004 Jays set does nothing for me. It's beyond redemption.

Yeah, the expanded '04-'11 set really doesn't look good. It introduces problems not present in the released set. These include the crummy "5" in the numbers, that weird "T" on the "Toronto" script, and whatever is going on with that "J." It's like finding out that the Producer's Cut of Halloween 6 was just as bad as the theatrical version, albeit in different ways.

• Like 4

The real prototype Jets uniform on the wood floor is hideous, but I like all those sketch uniforms in a guilty pleasure kind of way. They all seem like something that a flying-themed superhero would wear.

• 3 weeks later...

n6b3gn.jpg

Maybe someone here can help. I bought this as it was being sold as an anniversary jersey for Moncton. However, neither I nor anyone else can ever prove it was worn. I know mine isn't the only one in existence but can anyone tell me what I actually bought?

On 1/23/2018 at 11:09 AM, raysox said:

Here’s a big reveal from the Broncos logo designer with a ton of sketches of potential logos

https://www.behance.net/gallery/61221339/The-Denver-Broncos-Identity

Safe to say they ended up in a pretty nice spot, much better than the early proposals.

These niche, tangential stories (uncontrollable forces of nature!?) are the kind of thing that carry too much potential to be lost on fans and have made professional sports design a punchline in the years since.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]