Unused Logos and Uniforms

Does anybody have a picture of the proposed Washington Capitals Uniforms for the 2001/02 season? The only picture I've seen is a graphic on NHL Uniforms.com but even that has been removed. Weren't Replica's made and sold prior to the re-design being scrapped?

Thanks in advance

e-mail andrew. he blocked me cause i told him that one of the designs were incorrect.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Does anyone have a vector of the unused Bills' 2002 alternate logo? I actually kind of like it. Maybe it's not as "iconic" as the "red laser beam buffalo" logo they use now, but it's also kind of cool. I like the way the buffalo curls around the red and blue "B."

• Like 1

Wow... I thought I'd already seen every uniform the Brewers ever wore. Even though Tuscan lettering would look generic for most teams, I wish the Brewers had gone with it. It looks like something a beer company would use without being a thinly-veiled ad for a particular brand ::cough::Miller::cough::

I know, I know, we hear that all the time, but I just don't see it. If anything, the current Brewers uniforms evoke the Coors or Schlitz scripts, sharing very little design with Miller.

Hmmm... overall you do have a point. But using a curled-M and not expecting people to see Miller would be like a team using an old-english D and not expecting them to think "Detroit Tigers."

• 2 weeks later...

2000prototypehelmet.jpg

2000 New logo options. Not good

The one on the left actually isnt too bad, I really like it. The one on the right however, looks more like an elementary school logo.

I really wouldnt have minded if the first one was used, with different colors of course.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

b_hat.jpg?t=1276800425

Personal connection/connection: To be truthful, when this Bills secondary logo leaked on this CCSLC msg board ~8 years ago, I immediately emailed the DJs at WGR550 AM.

Within hours, the "rumored" new logo was all over the wgr550.com and articles abuzz in the Buffalo News.

Instant and harsh backlash for the original "buffaslug" and the patch was ditched, but too late for the unis. The charging bison head is the only part of the nouveaux Bills' logo package that uses the "Buffalo Nickel" Pantone color. With this logo the Bills had a "reason" to justify the unnecessary "Nickel" stripes in the new pants and helmet stripe.

Yes, the logo is nice... the unis are a trainwreck.

Funny story how the CCSLC leaked and caused so much backlash a decent logo was ditched, thus rendering a new uni package worse for the wear. Sad? No.

A color-corrected version of the unused Bills' secondary logo:

BuffaloBills_PropSECa_2002.png

Hmm...anyone want to try recoloring it to Sabres colors?...think this would have been much better than the Buffaslug.

royal blue and gold

buffacunt.png

(now former) navy and the darker yellow

buffacunt2.png

and for good measure, the black and red

buffacunt3.png

• Like 4
sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

sabres3rdsilvernd4.jpg

I remember first seeing this about a year before the red was unveiled.

I, for one, think that looks pretty cool! Although the red stripe at the bottom looks really out of place.

In regards to the Jaguars, I know there are pictures of the actual jerseys out there somewhere, I'm not seeing them at the moment. Maybe someone else can upload them.

Here are a couple pics for the Avalanche logo selection process:

2pq9miq.jpg

2z8yu6c.jpg

Do you have any idea where those scans were taken from?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Funny story how the CCSLC leaked and caused so much backlash a decent logo was ditched, thus rendering a new uni package worse for the wear. Sad? No.

Fun isn't it? :)

I broke the story about the Toronto MLS team going with the name "Inter Toronto FC", which was picked up by the Toronto Star and Toronto Sun -- the backlash removed the "Inter" part of the name and today fans cheer on Toronto FC

Toronto Star - April 7, 2006

MLSE mulls Inter nickname

According to the Canadian Intellectual Property Office, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment applied for the trademark on the names Inter Toronto FC, Toronto FC and Toronto Northmen FC March 15.

The only name that the MLS has sought a U.S. trademark for is Inter Toronto FC, according to the website www.sportslogos.net.

Inter Milan is a famous club in Italy's Serie A, and it could be that MLSE is hoping to capitalize on that name with Toronto's Italian community by naming the team Inter Toronto FC.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

According to a video on the Islanders site, the Islanders showed the unused logos and jerseys that were considered when they debuted the Fisherman jersey.

Anybody with pics of the unused isles jerseys?

-Dan

I was wondering about that as well. The guy on the video said he liked some of the runner up logos better then the fisherman yet according to book "Fishsticks," the Fisherman logo was the unanimous choice during the selection process. Also from the book (Source: Third String Goalie)...

"The Islanders were living in the shadow of the Rangers," designer Ed O'Hara told Newsday's Steve Zipay in 1997. "We all agreed that a strengthened tie to Long Island was important, to keep the heritage of the Island and amplify it. Savvy marketers will tell you to think locally." As New Coke and Pepsi Clear showed, sometimes it's better to leave well enough alone. Walsh, who allowed his children's opinions to influence his decision, had a vision of a maritime theme. SME submitted a proposal to the Islanders with three to five concepts. In April, designs with various colors and logos of a lighthouse, a bearded grimacing mariner and the steering wheel of a fishing boat were offered. "Everyone agreed that the bayman was the one, although the entire process was a huge concern. There was always self-doubt," O'Hara said.

I would love to see these prototype logos. Looked all over internet for a Video of the press conference and no luck. If anybody has any scans or info about these designs please post em!

Link: http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2009/08/1996-97-new-york-islanders-ziggy-palffy.html