Unused Logos and Uniforms

Oh, I see it now. The leaping motion. That makes sense.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

mJoVGBS9inwX_F_02CH48jw.jpgp1495648reg.jpg

The only place I have ever seen the 2004 Cardinals Blue Alt is on ESPN NFL 2K5 and eBay.

I don't think they ever wore it.

That always was a fashion jersey like the gold 49ers, yellow Packers, silver Raiders, and navy Dolphins that were all out at various times in the 1990s and 2000s.

On ESPN NFL 2K5 it was listed as their alternate jersey.

If I'm not mistaken, 2k5 had a few of these jerseys for teams as alternates, but were never more than fashion jerseys, like this cardinals one.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

The only place I have ever seen the 2004 Cardinals Blue Alt is on ESPN NFL 2K5 and eBay.

That always was a fashion jersey like the gold 49ers, yellow Packers, silver Raiders, and navy Dolphins that were all out at various times in the 1990s and 2000s.

If I'm not mistaken, 2k5 had a few of these jerseys for teams as alternates, but were never more than fashion jerseys, like this cardinals one.

I seem to remember that they had a bizarre yellow alternate for the Vikings...

GR30a5H.png

9192-leaked.jpg

thank god they didn't use this. :P

Yeah, cuz their current jerseys are so much more creative <_<

Current jerseys may not be as creative, but I'd rather use those than the ones we're lookin' at here.

These just have a fake look to them....

They were fake before there were fakes!

Here's my story on the Norqiues unused jerseys and their proper colors.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2012/04/setting-record-straight-quebec.html

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Yup exactly, I almost used that very example, but started to doubt myself that it actually happened.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Yup exactly, I almost used that very example, but started to doubt myself that it actually happened.

As well as a Redskins Yellow/ gold one as well

As well as a Redskins Yellow/ gold one as well

Someone ought to catalog these unique fashion jerseys. Starter made a whole bunch of hockey ones, too. Far too often these are mistaken for actually being worn, having a single place to refer to would be quite handy.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

A soccer example for you all now...

Wimbledon FC's aborted rebadge in 2003 featured a new badge...

Wimbledon_FC_logo_%282003%29.png

which would feature on a rebadged home shirt from the previous season and on a new white away kit.

http://origin-www.mkdons.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10420~387227,00.html

Neither the amended home nor the new away kit were used in the 2003-04, and in 2004 the club relocated to Milton Keynes, and rebranded to the Milton Keynes Dons.

bifcolympique_zps28a2961e.png

Oh, I see it now. The leaping motion. That makes sense.

Yeah, it's a shame too. I rather liked the original logo and the two helmet designs it was used for. The leaping Jaguar on the jerseys would have gotten old quickly, but just replace that one huge leaping jaguar with smaller leaping jaguars, one on each sleeve, and you have a rather sharp look.

Oh, definitely. If they had used it, the leaping jaguar would have been replaced pretty quickly as it's a definite product of the 90s. They would have consigned it to the dustbin of history like the Burger King or Wild Wing jerseys in the NHL.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Neither the amended home nor the new away kit were used in the 2003-04, and in 2004 the club relocated to Milton Keynes, and rebranded to the Milton Keynes Dons.

...and out of the ashes of Franchise FC was born AFC Wimbledon.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Wait, what's this about Jacksonville being forced to change their logo?

Their original logo was too close to the logo of the Jaguar car company.

I remember them trying two different logos that Jaguar objected to - the full "leaping" jaguar and another logo that kind of cut the cat in half.

I remember them trying two different logos that Jaguar objected to - the full "leaping" jaguar and another logo that kind of cut the cat in half.

Probably a modification of this one:

608.gif

kaspar-fish1-300x251.jpg

Diagonal hemmed Fishsticks

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Probably a modification of this one:

608.gif

That's it - after they the full cat was rejected they tried this version of the cat on the helmet. Jaguar thought that this version was stiil too similar to their trademarked hood ornament they call "the leaper". Of course back then Ford still owned Jaguar as well; none of the current models made since Tata motors bought Jaguar have "the leaper" any more.

• Like 1