Unused Logos and Uniforms

I was Googling earlier this afternoon and found this prototype Phoenix Suns jersey from the early '70s. I am assuming that it was around the time they switched to their famous Western Font style. Does anyone have any info on it?

18342_01_lg.jpg

It also made me interested in finding other prototype jerseys in the Big Four. I am aware of the Nordiques and a Padres jersey from the '90s. Does anyone else have any they want to share here?

The one they actually wore was very close...

7b3154b0-3145-4f93-a24b-b9aa2eb5541e.jpg

2db7ccf1-923c-47da-bada-99cba62c10f3.jpg

The jerseys that the Jaguars were set to use before the forced logo change - love that leaping jaguar across the top:

837088838_0ac4cd8adb_o.jpg

I found the Expos one on UniWatch, BTW.

Best live pic I can find. I know there are better ones out there.

touchdownjax_display_image.jpg?1324050333

WeaverGetsTeam_original_crop_650x440.jpg?1324050332

I'm sorry, but these were actually kind of sweet.

kaspar-fish1-300x251.jpg

Diagonal hemmed Fishsticks

These were kind of cool, too. I miss that logo.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

http://www.ebay.com/...=item484ceeb085

$%28KGrHqJ,!hYFCbsJ3W4kBQwSgJzBNw~~60_12.JPG

Never seen or heard of this prototype from the Suns.

That's 'cause it's not legit - it's a custom jersey based off a design on this page: http://www.nba.com/suns/00634541.html

That particular seller is notorious for making custom jerseys and passing them off as either game-worn or "prototypes"...

• 1 month later...

I'm guessing that is the best image of that 76ers logo out there? I would love to have a better quality one if one is available.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Apparently the Canucks' choice to go back to green and blue during the Edge redesign was made late in the game, because this prototype popped up on eBay recently:

t1dmtR6.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-AUTHENTIC-REEBOK-VANCOUVER-CANUCKS-PROTOTYPE-HOCKEY-JERSEY-SZ-56-/191200585831?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2c84716867&nma=true&si=Huz6zPNBJdbZ6hfDs5rhSGuO%252B38%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Apparently the Canucks' choice to go back to green and blue during the Edge redesign was made late in the game, because this prototype popped up on eBay recently:

t1dmtR6.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-AUTHENTIC-REEBOK-VANCOUVER-CANUCKS-PROTOTYPE-HOCKEY-JERSEY-SZ-56-/191200585831?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2c84716867&nma=true&si=Huz6zPNBJdbZ6hfDs5rhSGuO%252B38%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Dodged a bullet there. Still stuck the Orca logo but at least we got the green and blue back over those edgified West Coast express era monstrosities.

It actually makes me wonder if reebok produced jerseys with that template for damn near every team.

This is the original prototype of the Devil Rays. The only difference in the rainbow stripe and the numbering in the back is white instead of black

rothschild.gif

I actually think the numbers on the alts that cam to fruition were purple.

This is the original prototype of the Devil Rays. The only difference in the rainbow stripe and the numbering in the back is white instead of black

rothschild.gif

I actually think the numbers on the alts that cam to fruition were purple.

As I have stated in another thread, personally, I think the Rays have some of the worst jerseys-uniforms in MLB.

"Let's see. Our home jersey will be white with "Rays" across the front. Our road jersey will be grey with "Rays" across the front. Then we will have two alternate jerseys with "Rays" across the front." Now that took some serious thinking.........

The dark blue/columbia blue thing was played out long before the Rays did it, too. And then there's the whole thing about not calling them the Devil Rays anymore because now they're rays of light, except they still wore a devil ray on their sleeves while telling everyone not to refer to them as the Devil Rays. Whatever you say, laser-fish.

I feel like the Rays' bland identity is 50% running scared from the evangelicals who populate Florida (devils? no! rays of light, like Jesus!) and 50% being owned by New Yorkers with Dodger-related daddy issues. Whatever the equation is, it comes out to 100% crappy. Maybe I could stomach the boring typeset script/monogram if they had maintained dark green as a base color, the old Devil Rays' uniforms having looked pretty sharp with that shade of green. These uniforms just drain my soul.

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Maybe I could stomach the boring typeset script/monogram if they had maintained dark green as a base color, the old Devil Rays' uniforms having looked pretty sharp with that shade of green. These uniforms just drain my soul.

They're the uniform equivalent of Totino's Pizza Rolls... you can stare at them for 15 minutes straight, and yet feel nothing.