Nike + Tweaks on NBA (New Orleans Pelicans Added)

Daniel_Ramone

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you might have something special working with the arch on the Pelicans jersey. I think if you incorporated a wrought iron type pattern (like at the top of their primary logo) that would tie everything together really nicely. And I would certainly include it on all the jerseys. Not sure how well the arch would work with the "NOLA" wordmark, though, so you may have to go back to "New Orleans". I'd play with the wrought iron idea, though.

Dude. Yes to all of these. I am all about differentiating color schemes. RWB is getting so tired in the NBA and NHL, so I'm all for the Sixers going back to a scheme that they used before. Looking forward to your Mavs reboot.

I'm loving the Rockets set except that number font. Going with a generic font here doesn't work.

As for the Pels set, I'm shocked so many leave the Crescent City logo alone. That logo is a thing of beauty, and needs to be emphasised somewhere.

I think you might have something special working with the arch on the Pelicans jersey. I think if you incorporated a wrought iron type pattern (like at the top of their primary logo) that would tie everything together really nicely. And I would certainly include it on all the jerseys. Not sure how well the art would work with the "NOLA" wordmark, though, so you may have to go back to "New Orleans". I'd play with the wrought iron idea, though.

I'm going to have to agree with this. I think the All-Star uniforms from the year it was in Nola would be a great source of inspiration. But I must say I'm a biased fan of the sonics uniforms.

Phila looks good but I'd add white stars on the shorts as well. New Orleans is pretty good. I love Houston but I'd put a 2hite outline on the road numbers and lettering to let them stand out.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Thinking about send the Grizzlies back to Vancouver but establish a new team in Memphis, also I'm gonna reboot the Supersonics...What you guys think?

For the new Memphis franchise I don't have so many ideas for the names BUT I'm thinking about those:

- Memphis Bandits
- Memphis Blues
- Memphis Raccoons
- Memphis Bombers

For Memphis, Egyptian-themed could work, but back in the 90's the NFL had a Memphis or Nashville (can't remember) expansion application named the Hounddogs or Hounds (again, can't remember exactly). But I think that could be a good for a team outside of football. Just a suggestion.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

For Memphis, Egyptian-themed could work, but back in the 90's the NFL had a Memphis or Nashville (can't remember) expansion application named the Hounddogs or Hounds (again, can't remember exactly). But I think that could be a good for a team outside of football. Just a suggestion.

After doing a little research, there was an ABA team in 2000-01 that was called the Houn'Dawgs, which was a "nod to the proposed NFL franchise team, the Memphis Hound Dogs", so your memory was correct. I agree too, something like that would be interesting. If you want to rebrand them, I would suggest that the team nickname should really embrace the "Grit and grind" attitude that is embraced by Memphis basketball, but I'd really rather you have them stick with the Grizzlies and also do the Vancouver Grizzlies. There's a lot of good stuff in place for you to work with for both teams.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

• 5 months later...

Orlando Magic:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/28086785/Orlando-Magic-Rebrand-Concept

Memphis Grizzlies (I sticked with them on Memphis, met some fans, I wouldn't like to see them without the team right now)
https://www.behance.net/gallery/27905329/Memphis-Grizzlies-Identity-Concept

Chicago Bulls:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/26198421/Chicago-Bulls-New-Identity-Concept

Archived