New logo for Kentucky?

hailstateunis

It looks better, but that old K was part of Kentucky sports for quite a while. The old K was strong on it's own too. The new K is a little too multi-angular.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

How many times have you seen the K used on its own? I watch a lot of sports, and I can't remember seeing it once.

The new K works way better with the U, and that's all that matters (to this outsider). Upgrade.

How many times have you seen the K used on its own? I watch a lot of sports, and I can't remember seeing it once.

The new K works way better with the U, and that's all that matters (to this outsider). Upgrade.

Well, the K was on the helmet by itself for 20+ years before 1997. Baseball team wore the K on their hats for a long time too. Then they added the U to it (but it was the same wide and fat K).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It's much better now that the U and K fit together more like a puzzle. It's hard to tell in that picture but they seemed to have also fixed the uneven outline width that made the UK always look compressed. Also, the serifs didn't line up perfectly with the vertical outline before and it seems they fixed that too. Good update.

It's much better now that the U and K fit together more like a puzzle. It's hard to tell in that picture but they seemed to have also fixed the uneven outline width that made the UK always look compressed. Also, the serifs didn't line up perfectly with the vertical outline before and it seems they fixed that too. Good update.

+1

I also really like the sublimated checkers in the out of bounds area. Good looking court.

+1

I also really like the sublimated checkers in the out of bounds area. Good looking court.

Almost didn't catch that. Nice little addition there.

Old Logo:

4897_kentucky_wildcats-primary-20051.png

New Logo:

screen-shot-2015-04-29-at-2-37-54-pm1.pn

The old one has a peak at the top of the under-half of the K while the new one is flat, mimicking the team’s play against Wisconsin. There’s also not a triangular shape when the right side of the “U” intersects with the “K” anymore and everything on the sides seem a bit tighter.

For now, UK teams & fans will wear the same UK mark they have since '97, but our new playing surfaces will be all about the future.

spacer.png

That is a bizarre-looking "K". Where, in the history of the English alphabet, has there ever been a capital "K" shaped like that? Not a fan...at all.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=K&FORM=HDRSC2

You're absolutely right, but in kombination with the U it works and looks a lot better. By itself it would look weird, but as GFB said, the K is never used by itself, always in the UK.

The U appears to have been tweaked just a bit as well in order to accommodate the new K.

I think it's brilliant. It eliminates all the awkward spots of the old logo and creates something that looks like it was intentionally designed to fit together.

Archived