Show Your Mini Helmets

BucksFan5

16 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Slight update to mine with the new Lions and Rams helmets

DDSHDpvUQAAo_GH.jpg

The new Rams helmet is bugging me because the horn stripe is too thin. So, I'm not sure if I'll buy one or make one myself.  The Rams horns are a pain to cut without making a mistake, but I can usually get a good set within three or four tries.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Jungle Jim said:

The two two-bar Chiefs helmets in my collection are customs, using the logo from this site, which also incorrectly uses it on the helmets...

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/162/Kansas_City_Chiefs/

Although now revealed as incorrect, it's not significant enough that I'll concern myself with it.  If nothing else, it keeps them consistent with the factory ones.

Certainly an appropriate approach.. I was merely pointing it out for accuracy's sake, as the meticulous detail and effort evident in your collection suggested you might be a bit of a perfectionist - and assuming a perfectionist would want things as perfect/accurate as possible, I thought you may appreciate the info.. Although, it truly is "close enough", and I'd probably make the same call.

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

Sounds like a good plan.. If you're really happy with your primer results, I wouldn't sand before the first paint coat.. Imo, it just adds to the possibility of various issues for a number of reasons.. Primer should accept the paint really well, so if the primer looks good, save yourself some time and some risk by going straight to paint.. Best of luck!

Also, I'm mocking up a throwback for an alumnus this week.. I'll post some photos as well.

Fantastic. I'll take a look at it tomorrow night and see what I think tomorrow and then look again at it on Tuesday evening and go from there.

Are you making your own decals for your alumni helmet?

9 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Yes

What's the process for your own decals?

Also, I can already tell that my primer is "grainy" again. I'll take pictures when I can, but it has a textured finish and not a flat/smooth finish. 

22 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Certainly an appropriate approach.. I was merely pointing it out for accuracy's sake, as the meticulous detail and effort evident in your collection suggested you might be a bit of a perfectionist - and assuming a perfectionist would want things as perfect/accurate as possible, I thought you may appreciate the info.. Although, it truly is "close enough", and I'd probably make the same call.

HaHa, yes, you have perceived accurately, as I am a perfectionist to a great extent, and I appreciate your recognition of the effort I expended in getting these as correct as possible.  But I suppose my perfectionism has its limits.  :D  

I also appreciate the info.  Never any offense taken in constructive criticism, and I'm amazed at how there's more to discover about logos, even after you think you have found all the answers.

• 1 month later...

Archived