Movin' to the Sunshine: The 2015 NBA Offseason Thread

OnWis97

Dwyane Wade signs with the MIAMI HEAT! 1yr/$20M. The one year thing could prove to be huge. I might go sing to the heavens real quick. In Riley we trust!

I've been so perplexed by Wade's motivation other than "getting what is his". The Heat's future is better than most, especially in the East: Dragic, Whiteside, Winslow, Deng, a recovered Bosh...that's a good team! I'd even put them at the same level as Chicago. The one year deal is really telling though: basically Riley telling Wade that he has to prove his worth.

My understanding is they gave him three options, one was the deal he signed, another was a long term deal with much less money, and a 3rd that was somewhere in between. It was basically him just wanting the most money

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for both sides, then. He wanted his money and the organization wants flexibility for next offseason. They really seem to think Durant is in play. As much as I doubt that happening, I'm glad it's not ruled out by Wade's deal already.

PJU85JF.png

Now Clippers fans will tell us how overrated Jordan was...

Not overrated, I think everyone knows what Jordan is: a good defensive player with no offense whatsoever. Not really a max player but the Clips still needed him because they have no backup plan at all.

The new logo is still worse news than this, though.

Rajon Rondo to the Kings. 1 year, $10 million. Guess he's betting on himself.

He's certainly not worth $80 mil, let alone the $107 mil that the Clippers were prepared to give him. Now we have plenty of cap space for the Durant sweepstakes next summer.

Got a feeling a whole lot of teams are going to be disappointed next year. The free agency class isn't that great. A bunch of cap room for essentially 1 player that seems to be inclined to stay where he is.

PJU85JF.png

Hey look, Hedley being a douchebag, what else is new.

Douchebag, realist...same thing.

We read your silliness each time a huge name is going to be a free agent soon. We'll see posts about "he's a better fit for the Clippers than anyone else" or "if he's really committed to winning over money, he'll sign with the Clippers".

He's going to sign with the Thunder or the Wizards. He's got a better shot of signing with the Lakers than the Clippers. You can have the field to those three teams, and I love my chances of Durant signing with one of the Wizards, Thunder, or Lakers.

Hey look, Hedley being a douchebag, what else is new.

Douchebag, realist...same thing.

We read your silliness each time a huge name is going to be a free agent soon. We'll see posts about "he's a better fit for the Clippers than anyone else" or "if he's really committed to winning over money, he'll sign with the Clippers".

He's going to sign with the Thunder or the Wizards. He's got a better shot of signing with the Lakers than the Clippers. You can have the field to those three teams, and I love my chances of Durant signing with one of the Wizards, Thunder, or Lakers.

All I said is that we'll have cap space. $30 mil to be exact. I'm sure Ballmer and Doc will jump at the chance to get in the room with Durant and try to sell him on coming to LA. Failing that, there's still plenty of other upgrades on the market. I'd rather take my chances in the FA market than give over $100 million to a role player like DJ who wasn't getting us past the second round.

We read your silliness every time the NHL season starts and you start whining about how "the Jets are nothing but the same old Thrashers" - despite pretending you're so "mature" and "above it all" whenever any other poster on here acts like a fan. Additionally, you can't seem to get enough of "my silliness" since you've obsessed over my posts for the better part of five years now. You badly need a life.

Bottom line is that you're a douchebag, and it's amazing that you haven't been banned yet when others have been banned for far less than what you pull on a daily basis.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Just found out about DJ leaving and it sucks, but he was apart of the group that made the Clippers relevant. For that reason I'm not going to hate on him. Thanks DJ.

That being said, I look forward to seeing the Clips kick the Mavs ass next year.

I'm surprised he didn't take the five-year deal. DJ had a great year last year, but for a big guy putting up dominant numbers, it never felt like he was quite as dominant as say, Shaq in the early 2000s. Maybe it's because perimeter shooting is so much more important; I don't know. Some teams are content to give up the twos if it means they don't give up the threes.

I don't know why Jordan's 15 rebounds and ~20 points don't mean as much as other guys'. This a weird time in the NBA.

That said, I think both the Clips and Mavs end up fighting for the 6-7 spot, so it was a lateral move for both. The real jewel this offseason is LMA, but if he doesn't end up in San Antonio, I think the NBA stays at status quo next year. If he does become a Spur, SA becomes a clear favorite in the West.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived