Movin' to the Sunshine: The 2015 NBA Offseason Thread

OnWis97

Mo back to Cleveland:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13212088/mo-williams-returning-cleveland-cavaliers-2-year-43-million-deal

Yep, free agency is when everything starts to crumble around the Hornets.

I thought it came about a week earlier this year.
It happens either way. The cycle of losing players and not being able to get some back just gets tiring after a while. What this does is practically guarantee Aaron Harrison a spot on the team, who has impressed me in Summer League play.(Yeah, yeah, Summer League doesn't mean anything, I know, but I need hope)

Speaking of the SL, I've come around to the Kaminsky pick. I mean, I still would've liked Winslow, but this might not the s--tshow I expected. He is a different type of big man, with backcourt assets. He still has a lot to work on, but he might not be a bust.

I was referencing the Kaminsky > Winslow catastrophe pick. I'm not happy about the Heat getting Winslow, they're probably a playoff team in a weak East next year.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mo back to Cleveland:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13212088/mo-williams-returning-cleveland-cavaliers-2-year-43-million-deal

It happens either way. The cycle of losing players and not being able to get some back just gets tiring after a while. What this does is practically guarantee Aaron Harrison a spot on the team, who has impressed me in Summer League play.(Yeah, yeah, Summer League doesn't mean anything, I know, but I need hope)

Speaking of the SL, I've come around to the Kaminsky pick. I mean, I still would've liked Winslow, but this might not the s--tshow I expected. He is a different type of big man, with backcourt assets. He still has a lot to work on, but he might not be a bust.

I was referencing the Kaminsky > Winslow catastrophe pick. I'm not happy about the Heat getting Winslow, they're probably a playoff team in a weak East next year.
Oh, Miami will make the playoffs last year. That's why I was so mad at the pick. There's gonna be like 3-4 legit teams in the East, and then about 8 teams that just want to make the playoffs.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Ha... it wouldn't be Vegas. Pretty sure Seattle is to the NBA what D.C. was to MLB and L.A. is to the NFL.

... and anywhere but Quebec City is to the NHL? Because OITGDNHL.

Mo back to Cleveland:

Oh, Miami will make the playoffs last year. That's why I was so mad at the pick. There's gonna be like 3-4 legit teams in the East, and then about 8 teams that just want to make the playoffs.

Agreed. The Heat's starting 5 is as good as any in the East. Health will determine how far they go.

Now that all the major pieces have fallen (I know there will still be some impactful trades), I'm thinking Cleveland, Atlanta, Chicago, Washington, Toronto, Milwaukee, Miami, Detroit.

Other fringe teams such as have either gotten worse (Indiana, Charlotte) or not done much to better themselves (Nets).

Boston could build on last season's surprise success and sneak in again as well.

sig.png

I'm going (for both conferences)

West

1. Spurs
  2. Warriors
  3. Thunder
  4. Grizzlies
  5. Rockets
  6. Clippers
  7. Mavericks
  8. Pelicans

East

1. Cavaliers
  2. Hawks
  3. Bulls
  4. Raptors
  5. Heat
  6. Wizards
  7. Bucks
  8. Celtics

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

Great move for the Cavs to sign Mo Williams. He gives the Cavs exactly what they need. He can spread the floor, create for himself AND for his teammates, and although he isn't a great defender, he will hustle. He will be perfect coming off the bench and reduces Delly's time to 8-10 minutes of pure chaos and hustle. One outlet said the Cavs didn't even have to use the entire Tax Payer Exception, leaving about $1.3 million in the Tax Payer Exception.

Unfortunately, the Cavs lost out on the David West sweepstakes. Assuming the Cavs resign Tristian Thompson, they still need to find another big man. Optimistically, Varejao will end up playing 50 games before going down with a "freak" season ending injury.

There is 1 more target I want the Cavs to pursue: Terrence Ross. He is an athletic, 6'7" wing player who shoots mid to upper 30's behind the arc, and solid defender. I don't think there is ANY WAY the Cavs get Demar DeRozen for Brendan Haywood's contract... but I think Terrence Ross is attainable. He would come off the bench to give LeBron meaningful rest - which he sorely needs this year. He can play the 3 in small lineups and the 2 in big lineups. He is 24 years old, and fits perfectly into the Cavs 5-year window with Kyrie, Shumpert, Love, and Thompson.

A NBA & NHL team in Vegas at the same time. Oh boy.

I read an interesting comment that this might actually pressure the NHL to land in one of these markets first, in particular Las Vegas. The ability to be the first professional sports team in Las Vegas' history would be a huge boon for the league that would immediately be diminished if the more prominent NBA comes in first. Especially if it's a team that might be a delightfully titled as the Las Vegas Bucks.

GR30a5H.png

I'm going (for both conferences)

West

1. Spurs
  2. Warriors
  3. Thunder
  4. Grizzlies
  5. Rockets
  6. Clippers
  7. Mavericks
  8. Pelicans

East

1. Cavaliers
  2. Hawks
  3. Bulls
  4. Raptors
  5. Heat
  6. Wizards
  7. Bucks
  8. Celtics

That looks pretty much identical to my predictions, except I gotta go Pistons over Celtics for 8th. I think this is fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally the year they get back.

I think the Pelicans could do some serious damage actually finish as high as 6th. The Suns will be fighting for a spot as well. I think they need another front court piece though.

sig.png

(Unless I'm blind) I'm surprised no one has brought up the Milwaukee Bucks threatening to move to Las Vegas or Seattle.

If they do move to Seattle, they should call them the... Star-Bucks *budum tiss* *crickets*

Right now, July, early, I'm thinking Cavs over Warriors in 6.

I'm not certain about the Spurs. I mean, with all due respect, their core is aged.

As for the Raptors, I think they'll slide in the standings 5-7x fewer losses, & actually perform better in the playoffs for which Masai has them better constituted. Unless they finish 8th to play Cleveland, they should feel confident to finally win a round.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Aldridge-Leonard-Popovich is the real core so that hasn't really aged outside of Popovich. (which he has been since he took the job anyways)

You are forgetting Danny Green who signed a great, franchise-friendly contract. He reminds me a lot of Manu. He isn't an All Star or an All Time Great... but he gives the team exactly what they need: length, defense, good shooter, scorer. There may be other guys on the team that get the accolades, but he is a spark. I absolutely include Green in the "New Spurs Big 3"... 4 if you include Pop.

Aldridge-Leonard-Popovich is the real core so that hasn't really aged outside of Popovich. (which he has been since he took the job anyways)

You are forgetting Danny Green who signed a great, franchise-friendly contract. He reminds me a lot of Manu. He isn't an All Star or an All Time Great... but he gives the team exactly what they need: length, defense, good shooter, scorer. There may be other guys on the team that get the accolades, but he is a spark. I absolutely include Green in the "New Spurs Big 3"... 4 if you include Pop.

Also Green's never been a star. He's used to playing with others and won't cause on court problems. He's the perfect Spur.

Archived