Movin' to the Sunshine: The 2015 NBA Offseason Thread

OnWis97

Report: NBA to seed playoff teams regardless of division winners.

Last year, this would have just moved Portland from the 4 to the 6 seed. We would've had LAC/POR and MEM/SAS as first round match ups. Hopefully a step towards getting rid of the conferences altogether (as if the East owners would go for it).

I'm not sure if it was Silver or someone else, I think mentioned this spring a league would not want to omit entire regions from playoff participation.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, trade away Jerian Grant for Kelly Oubre. I can't say I liked that deal.

Both teams knew what they wanted.

Unfortunately, the NBA Draft is unlike the NFL and picks cannot be traded during the actual draft. At like 3PM of draft night you cannot trade picks.

Report: NBA to seed playoff teams regardless of division winners.

Last year, this would have just moved Portland from the 4 to the 6 seed. We would've had LAC/POR and MEM/SAS as first round match ups. Hopefully a step towards getting rid of the conferences altogether (as if the East owners would go for it).

I'm not sure if it was Silver or someone else, I think mentioned this spring a league would not want to omit entire regions from playoff participation.

You wouldn't. Without conference imbalance, not to mention moving teams like Memphis and New Orleans into the Southeast, the East wouldn't be such a bunch of gimps anymore.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Gotta love the lil Knick fan who channeled his "inner Ralphie" (from A Christmas Story) and whip up fake tears after their pick and makes a vine too.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/06/25/knicks-fans-booed-loudly-when-kristaps-porzingis-was-announced/

IMG_20150625_181529_zps9a9ehbr2.jpg

This video will make your day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I_Ywm4i12I

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'm really surprised Montrezl Harrell fell as far as he did, but lucky for him he landed in Houston. They're a good team, and he's well situated to be a high-energy guy off the bench.

Similarly, Rakeem Christmas in Cleveland is a good fit for him too. He helps their bench get younger and more explosive, considering all he'll be asked to do is rebound and play defense.

Philadelphia is a horror show, and I don't care how good Okafor ends up being. We heard a lot of the same things about Noel and Embiid, and Mudiay was right there at a position Philadelphia actually needs. The very idea of drafting assets and not for need on the court is so dumb, especially when you're picking third and can immediately begin to fill out your roster. Sam Heinke playing trading cards with an actual NBA franchise is a good gimmick for him, but I feel bad for the guys sucked into that vortex.

It's possible Porzingis ends up terrific. New York is going to have it out for him, but he doesn't have the Darco deer in the headlights look; he wanted to be in New York and there he is. Jerian Grant could be good on a functional basketball team. Too bad he's a Knick.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

^^^^The big issue with Harrell is height. He is only 6'7" in shoes.

His ceiling is Kenneth Fareid and nobody is winning with him as the anchor because he really doesn't stretch the floor.

And Stephen A. Smith's rant is fantastic!

His ceiling is Kenneth Fareid and nobody is winning with him as the anchor because he really doesn't stretch the floor.

Why isn't his ceiling Draymond Green? In the new NBA, it seems like anything is possible.

But no, I don't think he'll ever be the showpiece player on a championship team. But a sixth or seventh guy? Yeah, definitely.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Why isn't his ceiling Draymond Green? In the new NBA, it seems like anything is possible.

But no, I don't think he'll ever be the showpiece player on a championship team. But a sixth or seventh guy? Yeah, definitely.

Green was pudgy at MSU and considered "unathletic" by some scouts. Harrell has never been called that.

Read Draft Express profiles on all three.

Those picks and the OKC one roll over to next year with less protection on 2 of the 3 (Miami is still top 10). I'm fine with just #3 this year since we also get Embiid, then in 2016 it'll be our own lottery pick, LA's lottery pick and maybe Miami and OKC, along with Dario Saric coming over from Turkey

Are you as OK today as you were six weeks ago?

Continuing the tradition of bad draft picks for Charlotte...

MJ, Cho, you had Winslow there. HE WAS THERE! YOU TAKE KAMINSKY YOU ALREADY HAVE TWO LANKY WHITE GUYS YOU DONT NEED ANOTHER YOU NEED TO SCORE SCORE SCORE THIS PICK BETTER BE TRADED OR ELSE SOMEONE'S GETTING FIRED.

Phew, sorry, I'm just a little heated.

Yeah. We need to put a limit on the number of white guys teams can have.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Continuing the tradition of bad draft picks for Charlotte...

MJ, Cho, you had Winslow there. HE WAS THERE! YOU TAKE KAMINSKY YOU ALREADY HAVE TWO LANKY WHITE GUYS YOU DONT NEED ANOTHER YOU NEED TO SCORE SCORE SCORE THIS PICK BETTER BE TRADED OR ELSE SOMEONE'S GETTING FIRED.

Phew, sorry, I'm just a little heated.

Obviously, I love Frank Kaminsky. And I'd love to defend this pick. But I cannot. From a needs perspective, you are correct. Unless someone gets traded, the pick is a head-scratcher. They did not need a player like this. Winslow is not only a better fit, but at #9 woulda been a bit of a steal.

I was disappointed from Frank's perspective because of "fit" as well as the fact that he's on a team run by MJ.

(As an aside, the one guy who took a national championship from my school is now on my NBA team...I am going to have to wrestle with that.)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Ok, don't think I'm racist because the Hornets already have Cody Zeller and just got Spencer Hawes. Both of them also play PF/C, and have similar playing qualities to Kaminsky. If he was black I'd still be mad at the pick. The Hornets need scorers. Race doesn't matter, I just said it because they already have two players that are just about the same. It's nothing against white players. I'm just mad that they passed on Winslow, I guy I feel can be a strong asset in the league.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Ok, don't think I'm racist because the Hornets already have Cody Zeller and just got Spencer Hawes. Both of them also play PF/C, and have similar playing qualities to Kaminsky. If he was black I'd still be mad at the pick. The Hornets need scorers. Race doesn't matter, I just said it because they already have two players that are just about the same. It's nothing against white players. I'm just mad that they passed on Winslow, I guy I feel can be a strong asset in the league.

Fine. Then just omit the word "white" because it is superfluous and detracts from your argument, unless you think they selected him specifically because he's white (which I don't think you do). It seems the same people who (rightfully) complain about all black quarterbacks being labeled "mobile," even when they are, are always quick to throw out LOLZ SLOW WHITE GUY crap about the NBA. And there were a whole crap load of such people saying that about Kevin Love when he came out, but they've since forgot they ever said it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived