Movin' to the Sunshine: The 2015 NBA Offseason Thread

OnWis97

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as I thought, but wow...the Spurs and Warriors look to be the teams to beat. If the Mavs add a solid PG, they're scary as well.

Ehhhhh...no. They don't really have any superstar player (DJ was really good, never a superstar tho and Dirk is old), and Carlisle isn't any Larry Brown. They'd be a scary team but I doubt contenders.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

Wesley Matthews more than makes up for Ellis leaving, but the Mavs need a PG desperately.

That front court though...

The Mavs are coy on the severity of the Parson's knee injury. Nobody will say if he was only scoped, or if he had microfracture. (Which leads most of us to think he did get microfracture)

Imagine Aldridge and Durant leading the new generation Spurs.

That's a flattering thought but next to impossible to pull off, especially if the Wizards, Heat, or Lakers go hard for him. Besides, the next challenge that the Spurs have to face is an eventual successor to Tony Parker. I imagine in addition to letting Aldridge take the reins from Duncan, we could see a lot of playing time for Mills.

Still, I'm extremely happy to have him on board. I could somewhat understand why he was thinking about the Suns. It was the choice of either being the sixth James Bond or starting your own franchise...but, c'mon, if you can be the new James Bond, just be the new James Bond.

I'm curious how we'll stack up the bench, especially because our bench players are going for obscene amounts. Belinelli for $19M was understandable but Cory Joseph for $30M???

GR30a5H.png

You might as well just give the Spurs the Larry O'Brien trophy now.

This is what I said when the Lakers got Dwight Howard and Steve Nash a few years back.

Difference is culture: the Lakers were the type of team that straight up fired their coach only FOUR GAMES into the new season while the Spurs have arguably the most stable coaching staff/front office/roster in the league.

GR30a5H.png

Mo back to Cleveland:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13212088/mo-williams-returning-cleveland-cavaliers-2-year-43-million-deal

Yep, free agency is when everything starts to crumble around the Hornets.

I thought it came about a week earlier this year.
It happens either way. The cycle of losing players and not being able to get some back just gets tiring after a while. What this does is practically guarantee Aaron Harrison a spot on the team, who has impressed me in Summer League play.(Yeah, yeah, Summer League doesn't mean anything, I know, but I need hope)

Speaking of the SL, I've come around to the Kaminsky pick. I mean, I still would've liked Winslow, but this might not the s--tshow I expected. He is a different type of big man, with backcourt assets. He still has a lot to work on, but he might not be a bust.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived