NCAA Basketball Court Concepts (All Teams and Conferences DONE)

mgdmhl

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B1G (2nd half)

Nebraska Cornhuskers

GrY75uF.png

Northwestern Wildcats

iJrd7NH.png

Ohio State Buckeyes

RZWJUDX.png

M79bG8I.png

ef5LNzF.png

Penn State Nittany Lions

6gQUOR9.png

Purdue Boilermakers

DIlwygQ.png

Rutgers Scarlet Knights

The state outline probably wasn't needed on this one. Doesn't look as good the more I look at it.

kdI6RUd.png

Wisconsin Badgers

kpZZrzY.png

JeKhnr9.png

I think you have overused the state outlines in your designs. You've exhausted the idea, and frankly that makes it so they get a little stale and boring.

I think you have overused the state outlines in your designs. You've exhausted the idea, and frankly that makes it so they get a little stale and boring.

I agree

Yes as I've mentioned before (post #57 in this thread) I did have a lot of state outlines in the Big Ten. Of the 70+ courts I've posted about 25% of them have state outlines. Of the 100+ courts I already have done and yet to post, there are no more than 5 with state outlines. So once I'm done with all the NCAA D1 courts there should only be about 15% that have state outlines. The 2 less extreme trends with NCAA basketball court designs lately have been added state outlines (Nebraska) or added city skylines (Xavier) to their courts.

JeKhnr9.png

Illinois is gorgeous. But, I'm not really a fan of the state flag in the paint on Maryland's.

Yeah, that didn't really turnout as good as I hoped. I wanted to incorporate the flag into the court somehow because they use it so much in their athletic branding. I think I got another idea that might work for them.

If you don't mind, do you have your court template available to download?

http://darth-brooks.deviantart.com/art/Basketball-court-Psd-290856212

It's DarthBrook's template. I've made a few changes to it but here's the link to his version.

Thanks.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

You used state outlines in some capacity for 9 of the Big Ten teams..

Good job you can count. What's your point? I've already mention twice that I used a lot of state outlines for the Big Ten concepts, but in other conferences I used them very little.

JeKhnr9.png

^ I like a lot of your designs don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that I would like to see some more creative designs in your big ten concepts other than just state outlines.

There will be other conferences that I already made that are more creative (Big Sky, Ivy, MAC). The Big Ten tends to be more traditional anyway.

I don't think the state flag in the paint for Ohio State works well either... The other two for Ohio State are my favorite in this set though!

I wasn't sure about the flag for Ohio State. That's why I included 2 other versions.

Ohio State Uses a Different logo now, I actually like the state outlines

Yeah I know, but I made the Ohio State court over a year ago before Chris uploaded their current logo to the site.

JeKhnr9.png

I for one really like the use of state outlines, especially in the Big Ten. As a fan of Indiana, I only know our court with the state outline so I might be a bit biased, but I think they are utilized very well. Quick question: Is there anyway you could use the current Indiana logo at center court within the state outline? Also I really like the use of the Indiana state flag in the paint!

hvtsnt.jpg

I for one really like the use of state outlines, especially in the Big Ten. As a fan of Indiana, I only know our court with the state outline so I might be a bit biased, but I think they are utilized very well. Quick question: Is there anyway you could use the current Indiana logo at center court within the state outline? Also I really like the use of the Indiana state flag in the paint!

Don't understand your question. Don't I already have the current Indiana logo within the state outline?

JeKhnr9.png

These have been mostly great designs. I just don't like all of the state outlines, oversized logos, and stained floors for stained floors sake. I'm fine with these, if they are used more scarcely. That way when you do it the idea seems better and it isn't the same thing all the time. Other than that I love this series and I can't wait for more!

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

These have been mostly great designs. I just don't like all of the state outlines, oversized logos, and stained floors for stained floors sake. I'm fine with these, if they are used more scarcely. That way when you do it the idea seems better and it isn't the same thing all the time. Other than that I love this series and I can't wait for more!

I've already mentioned that there will be less state outlines in future courts. To your point about oversized logos, I'm don't feel I used a lot of those. The times I did use them they were generally for teams that already used oversize logos (Clemson, FSU, etc.) or to make up the lack of design in other parts of the court (Duke, SC Upstate). I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "stained floors for stained floors sake". Is it only ok for certain teams to have stained floors? I feel that stained floors are a modern way give more color to the court without just coloring the court a team color like teams did in the 90s and early 2000s (Boise St, Wisconsin, Houston Rockets, Charlotte Hornets)

Is that the K-State font???

On the baselines

No, I couldn't find a wordmark that said "Wildcats" that matched the "K-State" wordmark so I just used another font I thought would work. But I just realized their current font is "serpentine bold oblique" so I'll go back and change that when I do some other updates.

JeKhnr9.png

Archived