NCAA Basketball Court Concepts (All Teams and Conferences DONE)

mgdmhl

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are you planning on making the a10

are you planning on making the a10

He already has, you'll need to go back a few pages. By the way, loving the courts!

Like the very first post of this thread.

im sorry i didnt see it i feel so dumb to have missed it

Ivy League (1st half)

Brown Bears

Spoiler

fJDZGk2.png

Columbia Lions

Spoiler

EhUt9aS.png

Cornell Big Red

Spoiler

When your name is 'Big Red' there has to be a good amount of red on the court.

W0bxjS0.png

Dartmouth Big Green

Spoiler

Just like Cornell when your name is a color there has to be a lot of it.

gKlpWcZ.png

JeKhnr9.png

Ivy League (2nd half)

Harvard Crimson

efZGan0.png

Pennsylvania Quakers

9Pggy0D.png

Princeton Tigers

I know this one is a little much. I had a lot of ideas for this one just like TCU, so obviously 1 or 2 parts would be removed.PdNo942.png

Yale Bulldogs

zGXdqAD.png

The next round of updates will be posted next later in the week.

I would like some more C&C. I'm thinking about ending this thread if I'm not getting more feedback. And instead of "no complaints" could you please say would you like about the courts. That way I have a better idea of what people like and dislike.

JeKhnr9.png

Brown- Cleverly done, the mid-court logos are my favorite part, but I also like the stained court. My favorite of the Ivy League

Columbia- Looks clean, I like the 'C' logo opposite of the Ivy League logo

Cornell- I'm not a huge fan of the stained wood since the color is usually a pale variant, so I'm not too fond of that part of the court. I like the logos used and their placements though.

Dartmouth- The stained wood isn't as much of a problem on this one. Everything else looks clean. I like all the baseline wordmarks you used on all of these, by the way. They're plain and simple and fit in with the Ivy League.

Harvard- I'd kinda like the mid-court logo to be bigger. I'm glad there's some gold on the wordmark. Did you try adding some gold as an accent on the 'H'?

Penn- Looks clean all around. I don't know what it is, but I like the wordmark you used. It looks different than the others (of course) but still oldschool.

Princeton- There is a lot going on. It's hard to see the Ivy League logo in the tiger stripes, which sucks because I liked where you put it. What if you moved that design to the lane? As for mid-court, I'm a little indifferent on the idea. It's like what you did with Brown which I really liked, but I also think it looks a little too much. I really like the sublimated 'P' though.

Yale- There are a lot of different shades of blue. I'm not sure how many the university uses for athletics, but I'd try to keep the colors more consistent. Design-wise I really like Yale. It's simple but I think everything from the wordmark to the logo sizes is done really well.

I'd like this series to keep going as it's one of my favorites on the board. I'm surprised not many people comment on it, but hopefully that changes. I'll try to keep posting longer replies like this if it proves to be useful. If I was unclear on anything let me know.

Brown looks great. I love the dark stain. I agree that Harvard's logo is too small. With Princeton, you have some really great ideas, but there is just too much on one court. I would get rid of tiger stripes inside the 3-point arc. Everything else is really nice and clean. Please don't shut down this thread! I love seeing what you do with all of these courts. They are all very nice designs!

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

Harvard- I'd kinda like the mid-court logo to be bigger. I'm glad there's some gold on the wordmark. Did you try adding some gold as an accent on the 'H'?

Princeton- There is a lot going on. It's hard to see the Ivy League logo in the tiger stripes, which sucks because I liked where you put it. What if you moved that design to the lane? As for mid-court, I'm a little indifferent on the idea. It's like what you did with Brown which I really liked, but I also think it looks a little too much. I really like the sublimated 'P' though.

Yale- There are a lot of different shades of blue. I'm not sure how many the university uses for athletics, but I'd try to keep the colors more consistent. Design-wise I really like Yale. It's simple but I think everything from the wordmark to the logo sizes is done really well.

I'd like this series to keep going as it's one of my favorites on the board. I'm surprised not many people comment on it, but hopefully that changes. I'll try to keep posting longer replies like this if it proves to be useful. If I was unclear on anything let me know.

Harvard - Gold? There's no gold. I just use the wordmark logos on the Harvard page of the site: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/695/Harvard_Crimson And the reason the mid-court logo is smaller for them is because I was trying to give them an old-school feel (when teams just started using logos on courts and had them in the center of the mid-court circle).

Princeton - The placement of the Ivy logo was difficult because of the tiger stripes and consistency with the other conference teams. I didn't want to put the tiger stripe design in the lane/paint because I'm going to do that with another team and I was trying for something different.

Yale - All the blues (2) come for this logo: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/92016342001/Yale_Bulldogs/1998/Alternate_Logo

Appreciate the feedback. This is definitely the type of response I was hoping for and then some. I'm glad you're notice the details from the logo placement to baseline wordmarks and everything inbetween. The wordmarks are usually the hardest part because wordmarks in logos don't always fit right or aren't clear enough so I have to find a font that works. The reply I gave above wasn't meant to tear apart your response. I was just giving better reasoning of why I did things I way I did. I should try to be better at that when I originally post the courts.

Brown looks great. I love the dark stain. I agree that Harvard's logo is too small. With Princeton, you have some really great ideas, but there is just too much on one court. I would get rid of tiger stripes inside the 3-point arc. Everything else is really nice and clean. Please don't shut down this thread! I love seeing what you do with all of these courts. They are all very nice designs!

See Harvard response above. I'll include in update of Princeton without the tiger stripes later in the week with the other updates. I won't shut down the thread as long as I'm getting responses.

JeKhnr9.png

The one thing that I have a problem with is the light blue shade on the outside of the Yale court. I don't think that Yale uses any other shade of blue other than that navy blue primary. Other than that, I actually don't have a problem with the Princeton one. I think it looks great.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

The one thing that I have a problem with is the light blue shade on the outside of the Yale court. I don't think that Yale uses any other shade of blue other than that navy blue primary. Other than that, I actually don't have a problem with the Princeton one. I think it looks great.

1634_yale_bulldogs-alternate-2001.png

JeKhnr9.png

1634_yale_bulldogs-alternate-2001.png

Huh. Well that's a new one on me lol.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

Court Updates

Hartford Hawks

Added new logos and wordmarks.

6j92eaQ.png

Old Dominion- Not too sold on the stained court

UTEP- I really like the idea, but it seems like it may be a bit too much. I like what you're going for, though.

UTSA- Only complain is that I don't really like the four roadrunners. I think having one on each side would work (e.g. bottom right and top left)

My only complaint is the blue court for Old Dominion. That just seems like too much, other than that, the UTEP court looks BEAUTIFUL! And the rest look great.

I love all the courts (especially UTEP!) except for Old Dominions blue court and the UTSA birds on the court (UTSA could work, but it needs some editing.)

Old Dominion

BL9hcxp.png

BXU5WVD.png

UTSA

nvewqeN.png

The pickax idea is really good, I think it's the coloring that I think is a little odd, which is probably because of the gradient. What if you went with orange pickaxes with a blue baseline, or vice versa?

Blue stain aside, I think the ODU court is really good.

And I just thought that Marshall's baseline wordmarks were smaller than the other schools, but I see that they're part of the official wordmark.

UTEP

Q6WHbca.png

sttsriB.png

I would suggest making a lighter color outline on the script for the UIC court. It makes the words very hard to read on the baseline.

UIC

Uf0Fm3I.png

Princeton

mKppV4Z.png

JeKhnr9.png

Hartford- Looks great, I love the two-toned court. The secondary really meshes well.

Old Dominion- Definitely an upgrade. I like the first one better. The lighter blue lane looks out of place on the second one.

UTSA- An upgrade as well, everything seems to pop on the court.

UTEP- Definitely looks better as well. My personal favorite of the two is the second one, but both are well done.

UIC- Upgrade as well (is that sounding old yet?) The wordmark looks a lot better.

Princeton- Looks cleaner than before. I'm not completely sold on the two center court logos. They seem a little out of place from one another, but they're starting to grow on me little by little.

• 2 weeks later...

MAC (1st half)

The MAC will have a little more nontraditional designs. I got a lot of positive feedback on twitter when the SB Nation MAC account retweeted some of these design.

Akron Zips

Only problem I have with this one is that the up-side-down Zips wordmark looks like "5diZ"

erlUuih.png

Ball State Cardinals

E5L9Mx4.png

Bowling Green Falcons

TsVepDA.png

Buffalo Bulls

The first one is my original design. Got a lot of request to put the NY state outline on the court (like their current court) because it made Syracuse upset.

wmeqRFI.png

TEonYMy.png

KrIeSld.png

Central Michigan Chippewas

I actually like their current court design, so this one isn't necessarily an improvement.

PemZe2o.png

YpkX12r.png

Eastern Michigan Eagles

i74oLmD.png

JeKhnr9.png

Archived