72Freebie's ECHL(Wheeling Thunderbirds [87/87] Completed!

72freebie

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is actually one of my favourite threads on this site! Keep up the great work and concepts!

thanks so much. I have been unable to work on this series for the past week, but I am back now. The next team should be up tomorrow

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

This is actually one of my favourite threads on this site! Keep up the great work and concepts!

thanks so much. I have been unable to work on this series for the past week, but I am back now. The next team should be up tomorrow

YESS!!

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

Finally back with another concept. While I was away, the Greenville Road Warriors changed their brand to the Swamp Rabbits. I personally love the logos but they kept the same boring jerseys that the Road Warriors had. They have so many colors to work with and they used just blue and white. my concept fixed this with lots of stripes using all of the colors in the logo. I am very pleased with how this one turned out. Tell me your thoughts.

Greenville Swamp Rabbits

-1Greenville%202_zpsmvp1idtg.png

The Next team is the Greensboro Generals. This team had great jerseys so I didn't change much about them. The biggest change is that the secondary logo is now on the front. On the original jerseys, I didn't like how the logo had the five stars on it, and then they were on the hem right below it. It just didn't look right. I also switched some of the colors of the stars and outlines. The third jersey uses the design and colors of the Original Greensboro Generals from the 1970's with the newer logo.

Greensboro Generals

Greensboro_zpsrsiqmvdb.png

the next team is the 1st team in Greensboro, the Monarchs. for the teams whole existence they whore exact Montreal Canadiens Clones so there isn't much to talk about. My concept is sort of a New York rangers meet Ottawa Senators 3'rd jersey. I am really pleased with how these two ended up looking. The third uses the diamond pattern from the crown on the logo along with the stripes on the crown. Only 40 more teams to go!

Greensboro Monarchs

Greensboro2_zpsxr3mt2cp.png

Finally back with another concept. While I was away, the Greenville Road Warriors changed their brand to the Swamp Rabbits. I personally love the logos but they kept the same boring jerseys that the Road Warriors had. They have so many colors to work with and they used just blue and white. my concept fixed this with lots of stripes using all of the colors in the logo. I am very pleased with how this one turned out. Tell me your thoughts.

Greenville Swamp Rabbits

-1Greenville%202_zpsmvp1idtg.png

I like it so far. You and I both seem to have similar ideas with the striping patterns on all 3 jerseys. First thing on the road alts, the numbers need a white outline instead of the orange yellow outline. Second the numbers on the home and road seen to be thinned a tad like on the alt but leave the single color.

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

The next team is the Greenville Grrrowl. Before there was the Road Warriors and now the Swamp Rabbits in Greenville, there was the Grrrowl. I think that this team had the second worst logo in ECHL history, behind the Cincinnati Cyclones. But they also had possibly the worst name in all of sports history. They also had some terrible jerseys with what looked like chrome stripes. With my concept, I thought, hey these guys already have a terrible name and logos, so lets give them some wacky jerseys to go with it and eliminate the chrome. I actually think these turned out pretty cool and the third is also very unique.

Greenville Grrrowl

Greenville_zpsbiwlzlgb.png

The next team is the Greenville Grrrowl. Before there was the Road Warriors and now the Swamp Rabbits in Greenville, there was the Grrrowl. I think that this team had the second worst logo in ECHL history, behind the Cincinnati Cyclones. But they also had possibly the worst name in all of sports history. They also had some terrible jerseys with what looked like chrome stripes. With my concept, I thought, hey these guys already have a terrible name and logos, so lets give them some wacky jerseys to go with it and eliminate the chrome. I actually think these turned out pretty cool and the third is also very unique.

Greenville Grrrowl

I disagree the Louisville Riverforgs was the worse logo EVER of any sport

shirt_706.jpg

Mustangs banner.png

big banner.png

Greenville Grrrowl

i agree it is also terrible. We will get to them eventually.

The next team is the Hampton Roads Admirals. This team later went to the AHL and became the Norfolk Admirals, which is now an ECHL team again. The team wore some pretty basic and clean jerseys that were similar to the buffalo sabres. I changed the blue from the darker blue to a more teal color that was in my original version of my Norfolk Admirals concept which I later changed. I also upgraded yellow to a pretty dominant color and brought back the original logo as a secondary.

Hampton Roads Admirals

Hampton%20Roads_zpshpwonuby.png

Greenville Grrrowl

shirt_706.jpg

Toledo_Storm.gif

The Storm had to have the worst of all time for any team, any aport, any level. As the Hockey News once said in a logo ranking as if it were "done on an etch-a-sketch"

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Greenville Grrrowl

shirt_706.jpg

Toledo_Storm.gif

The Storm had to have the worst of all time for any team, any aport, any level. As the Hockey News once said in a logo ranking as if it were "done on an etch-a-sketch"

All logo debate aside. Overall awesome third one is best

Archived