72Freebie's ECHL(Wheeling Thunderbirds [87/87] Completed!

72freebie

Next we have the Indy fuel. When they showed off thier jerseys last year, I was very disappointed. They striping isn't exciting and only having the end of the yoke as red just looks terrible. the collar is unique but really doesn't look that good. I was hoping for a checkered flag pattern because of the reputation Indianapolis gets for racing. I included this into my concept because I have always loved checkerboard patterns on sports uniforms. The alternate is a bit crazy but it uses a real black and white checkered flag pattern to really show that this team is from Indianapolis

Indy Fuel

Indy_zpss0twzq2m.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet allen jersey. Only problem I see with it is I don't see the typical nhl affiliate patch. Other than that its perfect. Curious are you going to do some of the defunct franchises like the Las Vegas Wranglers and the San Francisco Bulls

I agree with the now banned buiscuit man. Good work. I am actually looking forward to seeing defunct teams.

Next is the Kalamazoo Wings. This is a concept I have shown before but with some tweaks.

Their current jerseys are definitely a uniqe design, but I can't say I really like it that much. I went for a uniqe design, by using a wing design on the arms and wrapped around the back. the third is supposed to be like a vintage jersey. The alternate logo looks really dated so I thought I would capitalize on that by suing an older type of striping with it.

An update to Indy will be coming soon and I thank everyone for the great comments.

Kalamazoo Wings

Kalamazoo_zpswxartwzn.png

Up next is the New for 2015-16 Manchester Monarchs. In the AHL, the Monarchs had one really good uniform in thier history. It had a very unique crown striping that looked really cool. they went through a Ducks type template after that, and then they switched to LA kings colours and jerseys. My concept keeps them connected to the kings in a retro way. I used the original purple and yellow colours along with black to create a colour scheme unique to the ECHL. I even kept the yellow home jersey. This wouldn't be a problem because in this version of the ECHL, there are no teams with a yellow road jersey. I also brought the crown pattern to the arms and also put it on the yoke. The third jersey bring back the wordmark across the hem from thier older jerseys because I relly like it when teams do that.

Manchester_zpsbobuns5g.png

next up is the Missouri Mavericks. This team has a very unique colour scheme that can be hard to look good. The team currently uses orange as the primary and black as a secondary colour. I think that the teal and white can look good with the orange if the black is used as more of an outline colour. My design is fairly unique , and I liked how it turned out. the third jersey follows the stadium series look of using a two toned jersey. I personally like this type of jersey and wouldn't mind seeing more of it in hockey.

Missouri Mavericks

Missouri_zpstmyzqozw.png

no comments again huh. oh well, next is the Norfork Admirals. The current jerseys are a complete mess because they use a blue that isn't on the logo and a n ugly striping pattern. they also use too much yellow considering how much is in the logo. I changed the colour scheme to dark teal,yellow and black. I think that these colours blend together very well and I like how these turned out.

Any and all comments appreciated!

Norfork Admirals

Norfork_zpsc0otiu7k.png

Overall, it is a great concept, but to me it seems a little dark with the black and dark teal. While the yellow does provide a contrast, it seems to me that the whole concept is still to dark. Maybe you could go with a red, white, and blue look. But, if you would rather keep the current look, at least brighten the teal. In terms of how the uniform is styled, it is of course a very unique look. This is a good thread you have, overall.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Next is the Orlando Solar Bears. This team has some fantastic logos but less than stellar jerseys. The current jerseys are a complete mess and have stuff going on everywhere. I like the idea they were going for but it doesn't work. I brought in a very unique striping pattern that I think works well for the identity. I also got rid of the yellow on the logos because it throws off the color balance when there is none on the jerseys. The third jersey is a bright, flashy design to really make the unique color scheme pop.

Orlando Solar Bears

Orlando_zpsxdpsj0if.png

Next is the Orlando Solar Bears. This team has some fantastic logos but less than stellar jerseys. The current jerseys are a complete mess and have stuff going on everywhere. I like the idea they were going for but it doesn't work. I brought in a very unique striping pattern that I think works well for the identity. I also got rid of the yellow on the logos because it throws off the color balance when there is none on the jerseys. The third jersey is a bright, flashy design to really make the unique color scheme pop.

Orlando Solar Bears

Orlando_zpsxdpsj0if.png

Where can i get one of those thirds??? Those are BEAUTIFUL

zbZ6f0s.gif

This is my first time seeing this thread and I really like what youre doing here, I understand your frustration with the limited C&C I don't get a whole lot for my College Baseball Thread but keep at it because you have some great work here.

I'll only rate the ones that are only on this current page right now just because you have a few on here.

Indy Fuel- I really like the checker pattern on the home and away, I especially love the thought of the alternate...but I do think it's a bit too bright or hard to see, maybe thats just me I think you should swap the yellow for black and I think it would look good and just use yellow as a trim.

Kalamazoo Wings- As someone who grew up a few miles away from Kalamazoo, I'm pretty familiar with the Wings and I basically love everything you did with the jerseys, I think I like the alternates the most just because it looks very clean. My only complaint is the shoulder numbers are a bit hard to see.

Manchester Monarchs- These are probably my favorites so far, there really isnt much bad to say about them, they are unique and they just flat out look good.

Missouri Mavericks- I like the color scheme for this team, I'm not all that crazy for the home and away but I absolutely love that alternate for some reason, the two tone gives me a throwback feel to them which I really like.

Norfolk Admirals- I like what you did with all three uniforms, I do agree though that the teal is pretty dark compared to the black, maybe brighten it up a bit and it will look great.

Orlando Solar Bears- These are the runner up for the best unis so far in my opinion behind Manchester, great color scheme and there isn't much and to say about theme.

Overall great concepts and I would like to see more.

Tj4ZkPU.png

1zwchs3.jpg_zpshph8rzul.png

27xqdyc.jpg_zps7iobnqxz.png

Next up is my personal favourite so far, The Quad City Mallards. This team has an absolutely beautiful colour sheme, and if it is used right, can make a great looking jersey. the current jerseys use too much black and I dont like how they look. I kept my design simple but incorporated all of the colours in the best balance that I could find. the third jersey is the first cream jersey of the series and uses a thick stripe across the chest to show the other colours. I realy enjoyed working on this team!

Quad City Mallards

Quad%20City_zpsdakyupxr.png

Also here is an update to Norfork with a lighter blue. I think it looks much better

Norfork_zpstgmmopxn.png

Any reason for Norfolk's color scheme? IMO, you should ditch the colors and use something more nautically themed. Navy blue, steel blue, sand or brown, etc. People around here would eat it up.

i'll give it a shot

Archived