72Freebie's ECHL(Wheeling Thunderbirds [87/87] Completed!

72freebie

I am finally back, after my computer broke for a couple of days. School is over now so expect the rest of the current teams to zoom by. Thank you for all of the comments and here is the next team, the Rapid City Rush.

The team recently switched to a black, red colour scheme. I personally dont like it as much as thier old one. I went back to the dark gold,red and black colour scheme and came up with a unique design. A concept of mine very similar to this won Concept of the week on hockeyjerseyconcepts a couple months ago, and I have refined it and put it on this template. The third jersey is very fn. I think that this team needs to involve mount rushmore on a jersey somehow, and this is my way that I think theyu should do it.

Rapid City Rush

Rapid%20City_zpsudh0j78a.png

also here is another update to Norfork with a more navy soldier type colour scheme.

Norfork%202_zpsqfavlfyu.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up is the Reading Royals. This team current;y wears flyers clone jerseys that really don't look that bad.They don't really fit the identity of the team though. On my concept, I chose the roundel for the primary logo becuase with Manchester now in the league, there are two teams with a loin head for a primary logo. I did something completey unique with it on the jerseys and I hope you like it. I alos brought the diamonds into the jerseys because I think that Reading could include them and have a beautiful set of jerseys. The third jersey brings back a shjiel type yoke from an old alternate. Thank you for the fantastic comments, I am glad people are enjoying this.

Reading Royals

Reading_zpshtbpibzy.png

Next up is the South Carolina Stingrays. This is another team that I gave a colour change to. They currently use simple double colour striping that looks realy good. The thing I dont like is that they use the same colour scheme as 3 other teams in the league. I changed the red to a colour that is completely unique to the league. Mint Green. I found that the blue and green mixed very well together. The design is rounded striping to resemble the stingray. The third jersey uses a bridge wire pattern similar to the Golden State Warriors to honor the Revenel Bridge.

South Carolina Stingrays

South%20Carolina_zpshnyzjqkv.png

The royals unis are great. The city would love that if it became the new uniforms. Love it. And also, everything you have posted has tended to be a bit awesome. The thirds keep looking tacky and a bit obnoxious but hey that's what the ECHL is for right? I enjoy these, keep it up I have yet to find a flaw

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I like Reading but I feel the purple is too bright. Same thing with the Stingrays, the green could be toned down.

I do agree with the stingrays but the royals purple is the right color. I've been to a lot of their games and have a few souvenirs so I can confirm that it's the right color, if that's what he was going for.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I find myself loving the regular and hating the alt or hating the regular and loving the alt.. Great way to mix it up with the alt's and provide variety.. As a successful program who just reached the Kelly Cup final, I'd say SC has legitimate right to the color scheme, and the new one is a bit much for me.. Granted, I'm a stingray fan, so take that for what it's worth

Next team is the Toledo Walleye. The team currently uses nice looking jerseys that have an arm design similar to the nashville preators. This is also added to the hem. I don't mind the current logo but I think that they are missing a huge opportunity to use thier alternate logo instead. I bumped it up to primary and used a simple striping design. The alternate uses the W hook logo that I like a lot. I chose a unique design for this one and I like how it turned out.Toledo Walleye.

Toledo Walleye

Toledo_zps7hfgbffj.png

Here is also an update for South Carolina with a darker green which I like a lot better

South%20Carolina_zpsftzadv4s.png

Also for you guys who still prefer the original colour scheme, here is the concept in thosse colours. I want you guys to tell me which one is better and that will be the one that I go with in the end.

South%20Carolina2_zps1yxroqv9.png

On the stingrays concept that includes the red I think the blue jersey may look more balanced if you switched the piping and stripes colors. A red stripe with white piping may balance the colors with the logo better while still showcasing white in the numbers. That's just my opinion though. Also I really like the darker green, but it kind of looks forced on the logo. The color change makes it look like they became Vancouver/Utica Affiliates when the red white and blue shows off their affiliation with the Capitals. Other than those thoughts I really love that Walleye set. Perfection.

IFI8izO.gif

Next is the Tulsa Oilers. I dont like the current colour scheme for this team, so I mixed eras and used the vintage orange and the curent navy colour. Th design is very unique and uses a hem wordmark which I have wanted to do in this series for some time now. I also used orange as the road jersey because there hasn't been an orange primary jersey in the series since Fort Wayne. The third jersey is a throwback to when they used the orange and lighetr blue from the 90's.

Tulsa oilers

Tulsa_zps8hr9nbkq.png

The Utah Grizzlies are next. Not much to say about this one. It's a three colour slanted design that resemble the mountains in Utah. The third jersey is similar to an old 3rd jersey that the grizzlies used to wear. I love the claw design and think it works well.

Utah Grizzlies

Utah_zpsadlsmuqr.png

Only one more current team to go guys! The second last team is the Wheeling Nailers. They cuurrently use the same terrible jerseys that the penguins use. I used a sharp lower arm design and a pointed yoke. I also used side panels for the first time in the series with the 3rd. Tell me what you think

Wheeling Nailers

Wheeling_zpskbz7fv5g.png

Archived