Each team's best look

MCM0313

Surprised no one has mentioned the Redskins 80th year anniversary throwbacks. Man, those are a thing of beauty. The leather texture helmet, dark burgundy jersey, tan pants. Hands down one of the top 5 looks of the NFL.

Now because of the ridiculous one helmet rule it almost gets ruined by the current helmet.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next, the AFC North;

Cincinnati Bengals: Corey Dillon era uniforms (1997-2004)

I definitely like the 81-96 uniforms better. Having the full tiger (my favorite Bengals logo of all time) on the sleeve was a bit overkill but that's not my biggest reason.

The earlier version had thinner tiger stripes and I like it a lot better. I guess it's because the thinner stripes allowed for more stripes.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans:

aalm128.jpg

Atlanta Braves:

14021204090295.jpg

They only wore this uniform in 1966-1967, and it's obviously not vastly different from what they wear today, but I think the front script looks better without the tomahawk below it like they have it now. They wear alternates based on these with the crossed tomahawk alt. logo on the sleeve instead of the native American head, but they're cream instead of white. If they made them white and made them the primary, I'd be head over heels.

ICXC NIKA

Next, the AFC North;

Cincinnati Bengals: Corey Dillon era uniforms (1997-2004)

2615973_display_image.jpg?1308534619

I definitely like the 81-96 uniforms better. Having the full tiger (my favorite Bengals logo of all time) on the sleeve was a bit overkill but that's not my biggest reason.

The earlier version had thinner tiger stripes and I like it a lot better. I guess it's because the thinner stripes allowed for more stripes. I like the stripe pattern in the below photo a bit more.

boomer-esiason-t2-193x300.jpg

To me, I like the thicker tiger stripe on the pants but that's just a minor nitpick.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

The last AFC Division, the West:

San Diego Chargers- AFL Throwbacks

v31766.jpg

Oakland Raiders- 1965-Current

368moss.jpg

Denver Broncos- Early John Elway era

john-elway.jpg

Kansas City Chiefs- Current (outside of all-red)

alex.jpg

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

9c_zpsenuiyy8q.jpg

There's actually a sneak-peek at the Dolphins' best look in this pic...

Yup, Super Bowl XVII. This isn't Riggo's long touchdown but another one of the whopping 38 carries he had that day.

Here comes the AFC South:

Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts: Current

temp2012_1104_MIA_bowen_2301--nfl_mezz_1

Jacksonville Jaguars: 1995 or 2004

MB_running.jpg

3550.gif

Houston OIlers/Tennessee Titans: 1993

960x540.jpg

Houston Texans: Battle Red

Houston-Texans-2012-2013-Alternate-Jerse

So I'm NOT the only one who thinks red jerseys look good on the Texans! Next question: am I the only one who also likes their red-jerseys-over-red-pants look?

Surprised no one has mentioned the Redskins 80th year anniversary throwbacks. Man, those are a thing of beauty. The leather texture helmet, dark burgundy jersey, tan pants. Hands down one of the top 5 looks of the NFL.

Now because of the ridiculous one helmet rule it almost gets ruined by the current helmet.

I like their 70th anniversary faux-back uniforms.

Redskins-kickers005.jpg

Boston Bruins

Bobby-Orr-Bruins-Photo-FW.jpg

While the Orr-era uniforms are my second-favorite Bruins look, I like the uniforms just preceding those:

ORIG6002-BobbyOrr27-RookieTrainingCamp19

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

The Giants shiny blue helmet bugs the absolute HELL out of me. They wear the matte blue shirt and grey shorts, so everything about their uniform has a matte look to it, but then they wear those shiny-ass blue helmets. It looks awful to me and it ruins the team's entire look (along with one of the dullest logos in sports). Having said all that, they've always worn that shiny helmet as far as I know, so I guess their best look would have to include it. Bleh.

kGFTWyb.png

NHL Atlantic Division

Ottawa Senators

20110906AR135-high.JPG

Montreal Canadiens

1957-richard-00.jpg

Tampa Bay Lightning

LightningStanleyCup.jpg

Florida Panthers

ept_sports_nhl_experts-123301837-1258226

Agree with you on half of these. Here are my corrections:

Boston Bruins

4194.jpg

Buffalo Sabres

Pittsburgh+Penguins+v+Buffalo+Sabres+NNf

Detroit Red Wings (love the reverse coloured logo)

Gare_slide.jpg

Toronto Maple Leafs

106959795_slide.jpg

Archived