The Moose are back.

Lee.

From the merch I've seen online, there are definitely some instances where the lighter blue and silver really pop against the darker backgrounds. Probably a lot more than the subdued, if that's a word that applies to the old Moose colors, ever did.

I'll be getting a shirt or two, for sure.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Very nice, but the outline is too thick by half. The lines of the 3 should not touch.

Good catch. Personally, I think the antler numbers don't really work with their home jerseys, so I might pick up the dark one instead.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Mentioned this in the NHL thread, but the antler numbers were always a 3-layer design, and they'd look far, far better here if they were navy/white/royal.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I agree. Navy/silver/royal could work too, but I still don't think the Jets' color scheme works well with the Moose. I don't even think the Jets' color scheme works well with the Jets.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

492168744-frederik-gauthier-of-the-toron

492168816-lipon-of-the-manitoba-moose-sk

The Moose played their first 2 games away, and I think their dark uniforms look better than their homes. That said, I still miss the old colour scheme...

Do they really need to wear Jets jerseys AND have the Jets logo on their shoulders? As if just one or the other isn't enough to let people know they're the Jets' affiliate?

And on the opposite end of the spectrum, we have Blackhawks jerseys with a stick-chomping cartoon pig and a whimsical wordmark on the front.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't like minor league clubs having the parent club's logo on their uniforms.

I like AHL teams wearing the parent club's primary on the shoulder (but I wouldn't want it for the Wolves, because the Blues' logo would clash and everyone who counts hates the Blues). Doesn't have to be on both shoulders, just ties things together nicely. The Jets' primary looks much better as a shoulder logo, incidentally.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Antler numbers are back!

CQbIEQnVEAAmG7C.jpg

A white layer between the black and blue might help make it pop more.

You'd still have the problem of the outer layers touching on that 3 - rather than two outlines, better to have one outline at half the thickness it is now.

Two outlines can work on a simple number font with straight lines and hard corners. On a complicated font like this, they just make the whole thing messy.

Archived