Chicago Bulls Logo *New 2.0 Shape*

hettinger_rl

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feels like he has a bitter beer face. Too many wrinkles and i almost didn't see its eyes. Love the horns and logo application but the middle of it just doesn't look right to me. Sorry.

Looks more like a cape buffalo in my opinion.

I used beef bulls as reference, the biggest and meanest looking ones have the wrinkles above their eyes. Here is an example:

Blueberry_Wine_%26_son.jpgsire417.JPG

Here is a Cape Buffalo to compare:

cape_buffalo_1.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Personally I think the current logo looks better.. Something about yours just doesn't look right, whereas the current looks cleaner and is now iconic to the franchise and the city.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

All I'm saying is I raised angus growing up and it just looks like a cape to me. And by that, I mean the way the horns are shaped. Bull horns don't usually drop before they curl up. They typically are straight or curve up slightly, and that's because they're dumb and butt heads all the time and break them off.

This design is more typical of how their horns "should" look.

Chicago_Bulls_Logo_Concept_by_ark47.png

DWD_Sig_zpsbbf8ibvd.png

All I'm saying is I raised angus growing up and it just looks like a cape to me. And by that, I mean the way the horns are shaped. Bull horns don't usually drop before they curl up. They typically are straight or curve up slightly, and that's because they're dumb and butt heads all the time and break them off.

This design is more typical of how their horns "should" look.

Chicago_Bulls_Logo_Concept_by_ark47.png

Ok, I see what you're looking at. The horns on this concept are coming forward, the fact that I need to explain that means I'll have to add some shade to show it. These are the references for the horns:

10-07-2011-23-07-01-190mdf49250.jpg

Animal-Bullfighting.jpg

Yeah, and I see what you are getting at as well. There are many breeds of bull, and some grow horns differently. Ones used for fighting like that don't have competition and don't break them off so they grow longer and curl.

DWD_Sig_zpsbbf8ibvd.png

All that winning has done an admirable job of masking the fact the Bulls have a truly awful logo. While this is a step in the right direction, its not quite there yet. Maybe its the amount of lines on the face, but the bulls expression still looks slightly odd to me.

That being said, each update has improved the logo leaps and bounds and I definitely think you have the beginnings of something great.

I really like logo. But its eyes are to realistic. they are placed on sides of head. Most logos of animals use human-like eyes on front of face. But this could be very unique thing for this logo. maybe some shadows in eye will show that bull is staring at you

The eyes and mouth are combining to give him a sort of pouty expression.

I agree that the Bulls could use a bit of modernizing, but right now yours feels like a lateral move in that department. It's good, but it doesn't feel modern yet. It feels looks like it would have fit in with logos coming out in the 90s. Nowadays, you get a lot more thick lines and bold shadowing.

I also get why you added the blue, but it doesn't feel right for the Bulls. The Bulls do well with the classic and intimidating red and black.

Keep it up, Hett, I love your stuff.

Yeah, the current Bulls logo isn't good at all. It has really started to bother me the last year or two. To me, though, your update isn't really much of an upgrade. I think it is because the bull looks old, tired, and grumpy (maybe even apathetic). He doesn't look aggressive or menacing. (He looks like he will be the old bull who yells at you for walking on his lawn instead of a young, aggressive bull who will gore you if you walk on his lawn.)

I actually kind-of like your last bull in the previous post. It is too cartoony and has too many points and odd curves, but it has some aggression that is good. Maybe try incorporating some elements of it into what you currently have to make the logo look younger and more aggressive.

award%20sig.png

Here is a version with high and low lights:

2vx0wuh.jpg

Yeah, the current Bulls logo isn't good at all. It has really started to bother me the last year or two. To me, though, your update isn't really much of an upgrade. I think it is because the bull looks old, tired, and grumpy (maybe even apathetic). He doesn't look aggressive or menacing. (He looks like he will be the old bull who yells at you for walking on his lawn instead of a young, aggressive bull who will gore you if you walk on his lawn.)

I actually kind-of like your last bull in the previous post. It is too cartoony and has too many points and odd curves, but it has some aggression that is good. Maybe try incorporating some elements of it into what you currently have to make the logo look younger and more aggressive.

I'll see what I can come up with.

Archived