Chicago Bulls concept logo by mcrosby

mcrosby

It's a great update to a classic logo.

There's something about that face that feels off to me. It feels maybe too busy. Like WavePunter said above, there's a lot of great components to it, it just needs to be connected. Otherwise, great start!

TWolf

Nice and clean as always. Is it just me or are the horns too small giving this the feel of a young bull? Something about the eyes doesn't seem bull-like, although it's really subtle. Cattle eyes are literally on the side of their head, so maybe tilt these slightly vertical to give the impression that they are on the side of the head as opposed to straight on in the front. Not sure if that'll work. Just an idea...and that concludes my nitpicks.

The update is an improvement on your original, for sure. No more catfish, and definitely looks more like a bull. Thing is, as a Bulls fan, I am kind of missing the red horn tips. I'm not sure adding them would work here, considering the line weights on the horns, but it does look unfinished; kind of just looks like a bull logo instead of the Bulls logo without them.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Tried addressing everything that was brought up. Great critiques, I truly appreciate it.

WZeM3vU.png

really like the updates.. the only thing that's still throwing me off is it seems almost like the angle(s) of the face is different in different parts of the logo.. like, i get the feeling that the bull is reared back, lifting his head, looking down on me at times, then other times i feel like he's lowering his head/brow looking up to charge me.. i can't put my finger on exactly why i'm getting the two different feelings, but i am..

couple other minor issues - 1. the horn on the right should have different shading since that whole side of his face is shaded more than the left side

2. not sure about the angle of the horns.. it's almost like you're in-between horn sizes and shapes here.. maybe slightly shorter with a slight upward curve, or go a bit bigger and flatter at the bottom similar to the current bulls logo.. again, i can't put my finger on exactly why they appear to be a bit off, but i think it's likely just being in-between the two visually-acceptable/appealing lengths/shapes

3. i'm not quite feeling the "notched" ear either, but i don't dislike it.. it could work, just not as it currently is for some reason..

aHArcUr.png

I love it, except for one thing: That sickle-shaped black detail above the bull's mouth keeps distracting me when looking him straight in the eyes. I guess it's just the shape itself. The bull definitely needs some detail right there, but I'm just not sure if this is the right shape. Maybe it's just too prominent or too bowed?

Big plus: The bloody horn tips!

All in all, this is some beautiful work. In my view, the eyes are perfect! Same goes for the shape of his head, the horns and the mouth. He's fierce, but not too aggressive. Just a very confident bull that could easily kick anyone's ass if needed!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I love it, except for one thing: That sickle-shaped black detail above the bull's mouth keeps distracting me when looking him straight in the eyes. I guess it's just the shape itself. The bull definitely needs some detail right there, but I'm just not sure if this is the right shape. Maybe it's just too prominent or too bowed?

Big plus: The bloody horn tips!

All in all, this is some beautiful work. In my view, the eyes are perfect! Same goes for the shape of his head, the horns and the mouth. He's fierce, but not too aggressive. Just a very confident bull that could easily kick anyone's ass if needed!

I've been back and forth with that shape as well. That 'U' shape is a part of the original logo that really stuck out to me. I wanted to keep as many aspects of the old as possible with this.

With that said, let's try something new! I wanted to try to beef up (pun totally intended) the bull. Shoulders/neck seemed like the easiest way of doing this.

2APcuE3.png

The way the black outline around the horns is thicker towards the bottom and there is a fairly large separation between the white and red parts of the horns almost makes it look like the red part is the reverse of the horns, like they flip at the top and we're looking at the back of the horns, which happen to be red. I hope that makes sense.

Other than that, it's a really sharp looking logo. A fantastic update to a rather dated but still really solid logo. That being said, I like the one without the neck better; not that it is better, per se, I actually really like your latest iteration, but to me it just doesn't fit for the Bulls.

EDIT: Ya know, I take that back. I like the one with the neck/shoulders a lot more. It still fills the image that is the Bulls and adds some weight to the bottom of an otherwise top-heavy logo. Nice work!

Archived