Chicago Cubs Concept

Anomalied

I live in Chicago and have noticed within the past few years a surge in popularity for sports merchandise featuring parts of the Chicago flag. For instance:

c145645f2903d22e09bdf703ef99bbf9.jpg61BNU36icXL._SX342_.jpg

I then thought about the Cubs incorporating the light blue as an accent with the pre-existing red and white in their color scheme to resemble the flag. The royal 'Cubbie' blue is still the primary color and there are still familiar elements like the home pinstripes, so it's not a huge departure, but I have also tweaked the logos and scripts to earlier versions from past years. I've always felt this Cub head was severely underutilized and the current circle C logoset to be pretty boring (I know it's been around for centuries but it's just my opinion).

9rksZoa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9rksZoa.jpg

Just a fun concept to throw together, I know it looks pretty minor league-ish. Thoughts, opinions, criticisms welcome.

I love this idea! Great job, perfect look.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

The Chicago flag seems to be the biggest among kids who moved here from the suburbs of lesser midwestern cities. Also, Rahm Emanuel.

I'd be okay with a Chicago flag patch on the Cubs' uniforms in lieu of some bear logo, but the light blue would clash with the royal blue everywhere else, and you can't very well change the colors of a flag. It's just as well, I guess; liking the Cubs is enough of an expression of civic pride in and of itself. Now a Pittsburgh flag/city seal for the Pirates and Penguins (and hell, the Steelers, too; put it on the jersey where the logo is), that's where it's at.

As for the rest of the concept, too much fixing what's not broken, as a fan I'm not a fan.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Nice concept. Not an improvement over their current set, but a good job at incorporating the flag colors and imagery into the Cubs' look.

For the royal blue alternate, try reversing the colors on the script so the "Cubs" is in red with a powder blue outline.

Archived