Detroit Lions Logo

Vicious

I'm really liking this combination of eras. Great work. The only problem I have with it is that the thickness of the silver lines appears to be inconsistent. It seems to be much thicker around the feet than it is around the head and tail. This would look pretty cool on a helmet.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

As a very big lions fan, I would love to see this as a logo. However, The Black to me is something that has bugged me since I started following football.Other than that, I can truly say that this is one of the best Lions concepts I've seen. If you are doing helmets and uniforms, would love to see those as well.

Nice modernization of a classic logo, and great job combining the current lion with it. I've always liked the prowling lion with the two stripes behind it more than the leaping lion logo (even though the 2009 update was one of the best logo fixes in recent sports memory in my opinion). It just has the feeling of a team that has been around as long as the Lions. Have you tried outlining the script in some way? It looks pretty good and fits with the imagery of the logo, but it just looks like it's lacking and needs something to help better define it. That's really my only complaint. Wonderful job on this!

ICXC NIKA

Thanks a ton everyone. I do agree with the inconsistent stroke widths, I will focus on that in the next round.

As for the black, I'm not a huge fan of it either, it was kind of a last second addition. Here is a version with just blue and silver:

lions3_zpsotq4n2hu.jpg

Picture21.png

Overall, this is a cool concept. A lot of areas need work as far as lion anatomy goes, but it's a good start. I think the biggest fixes it needs first are:

1) I'd love to see the mane bigger. It looks a little small and sickly right now, whereas the current primary looks large and intimidating

2) the face proportions seem off. I think the eye may be too far up

3) your line weight consistency needs work, mainly around its stomach and back leg. The shadowing there looks a little clunky.

Looking forward to seeing this one progress!

This is a really good start!!! My only other complaint (aside from whats already been said by suplauren) is the feet. The rest of the logo has a lot of curves and movement, but the feet seem blocky, all most like hockey sticks. Try adding some more detail to them and making them a bit more realistic.

Ill echo the comments above, great modernization.

For a helmet, it needs to be aggressive...

This is a submissive pose, almost backing up. I know it is ready to pounce, but the first look is its leaning away from the fight.

That said, I love where you are going with this.

I agree with the others in that this is very good, but I do agree with FFWally, the pose does look like he is backing up. If you can make him look more aggressive, it would really improve the logo.

award%20sig.png

Ill echo the comments above, great modernization.

For a helmet, it needs to be aggressive...

This is a submissive pose, almost backing up. I know it is ready to pounce, but the first look is its leaning away from the fight.

That said, I love where you are going with this.

I agree with the others in that this is very good, but I do agree with FFWally, the pose does look like he is backing up. If you can make him look more aggressive, it would really improve the logo.

^^^^

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

Looks too friendly and cartoony. Kinda looks like something you'd see in a children's book, and I don't think a rough and tough football team would want that kind of image.

Also putting the photo of the buildings in the background makes it hard to see where the black outline around the lion starts and stops. If you could post an image of your concept with a plain white background I'd appreciate it because then I'd be able to see the entire shape without it blending into the background in certain spots.

Archived