Manitoba Moose AHL return concepts

deked73

I am glad to see the return of an old IHL and AHL foe. But, I dont really care for how they colored the moose. I looks flat and dull needs a little to make it jump out like the old logo did. I made new uniforms for home, road, alt. I liked Manitoba's jerseys they had pre-edge template. Also, I made a variant on the Jets number to have a Moose flair with the antlers incoperated into the Jets font. (I did not do the player name font with the antlers though.) I created a shoulder patch with an M and antlers to mimic the main logo. I am open to any and all criticisms on this whether they are positive or negative. The CCM player pants and CCM helmet templates are my creation also. I have thought of uploadign them to a file site just have not done it yet. Thank you for your time. moosewordmarksml.pngmooseheadsml.pngmooseshouldersml.pngmoosenumberssml.pngmoosehomesml.pngmooseroadsml.pngmoosealtsml.png

I more than likely will make some corrections of my own also to the shoulder logo

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

The red wordmark sticks out like a sore thumb on the grey jersey, maybe flip it, so "Manitoba" is red and "Moose" is white

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Wow... I think that 3 jersey look set is the best ever.. and that M logo with the antlers on top?? ohhhhh that is a beautiful patch for sure!!!!

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

These are great. Huge props on the font man as well. I personally don;t feel that there is a need for red in the logo, but it's not that big of a deal.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I don't know if it was your intention, but the subtle arrow in between the antlers on the shoulder logo is pretty cool. A nice shoutout to True North Sports and Entertainment, the owners of the team. Intentional or not, the arrow pointing north is a nice subtle detail. Well done.

I made some updates to the M/Antlers fixing details in the antlers and dropping the white outline then added them to the other jerseys images. Also modified the the Alternate jersey and changed the color of the name Moose. I did make the name Manitoba in red but it mixed with the dark blue background and made it hard to see it so i just made it white and made moosealtsml2.pngthe outline red and the letters white for Moose. mooseshoulder.png

As for the "Arrow" representing True North the owners of the Moose that as PBS painter Bob Ross would say it was a "happy accident" But i saw that "Arrow" when i pulled the width of the antlers together.

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Thank you for doing this. It fixes very well the mistakes made by the team. Unfortunately the team's look feels rushed, and maybe was. In a perfect world, it would be great for a team to reveal a concept to the public and then take submissions that leads to a final project.

With the latest updates (An awesome set)

The only minor detail that is a distraction to me is the Captain's "C"

i don't think the moose detail comes off well on the C as it does on all the other numbering/A.

I only nitpick at this level because I think that this is nearly ready for submission to the team!!! Well Done.

S80-81-82-83_zpspmeyx5vh.png

200px-Nassau_Coliseum_logo.jpg

I like it, but i feel as if the logo was just recolored. i would like to see a new logo, your choice, but thats my 5 cents

I think it doesn't need a new logo, this logo is arguably the best in Minor Hockey. It's fierce, well done, and easily recognizable. It's also a classic. It's amazing.

And this thread, my man, deked73, it THE BEST Manitoba Moose concept I've ever seen and probably one the best rebrands I've laid eyes on. I can't find a flaw. Incredible!

TWolf

Yes the logo is re-colored I felt the logo didnt need to be changed it is an outstanding logo. It has strength, ferocity, and is would have made a great NHL logo in my opinion. I didnt care too much for the oldr Moose logo with Mick E.Moose, but instantly loved the newer version. As much as I disliked the Moose when they played my Wolves i had a respect for the team. I used to have season tickets for the Wolves and in the section i sat scratched players for both teams would sit from time to time. One of most memorable encounters was with former Moose player Jimmy Roy (not pronounced Wah) Jimmy was gracious and wonderful to chat with. I told him as a player I couldnt stand him cuz he was a pain in the butt. he got thsi great grin but i liked him as a person and as a hockey player. Told him i really liked the old kids club he had called Roy's Rugrats. I wished him the best and told him to take care of himself. I didnt ask for an autograph i just wanted to say hi and wish him well.

I have a few little changes to make like with the Captain's C and i may make a another alternate that is light blue.

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

made the blue Moose alternate amd two different captain's C's was gonna make one with the antlers pointed towards each other but it look like a mouth to me so i scrapped it.

moosealtsmlblue.pngmoose%20capts%20c.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Archived