Uniform matchups that never happened

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
On 2/28/2017 at 2:38 PM, DustDevil61 said:

I don't know if it's been brought up, but we never got to see the Baltimore Ravens' inaugural uniforms, winged B-shield and all...

Testaverde_Vinny_Ravens.jpg

...face off with any team named the Cleveland Browns:

8950614-large.jpg

As the Ravens switched to their current bird-head logo and (largely untouched) current set in 1999 when Cleveland Browns v2.0 started. Similarly, given that the Oilers also became the Titans in 1999, no team named the Cleveland Browns has played the Oilers since 1995 and Browns v2.0 has never played a team named the Oilers (whether in Houston or Tennessee).

Nostalgia has an affect. I wore an Oilers t-shirt when the Texans played at Cleveland in 2014 when a couple of friends and I made a roadie and got high fived to death by the Cleveland locals. Several people wanted to talk about Kosar and Moon. Good times, great fans.  

Despite playing in the same division, the Pats have never worn their standard road white uniforms against the Dolphins wearing aqua over white since their rebrand in 2013. 

2018_NE_A.PNG2016_MIA_2.png

Now that the Dolphins made those tweaks to their uniform, we'll never get this exact one. Since the rebrand, the Dolphins have either worn all white, all aqua, or their throwback alternates against the Pats. 

• 4 weeks later...

1995_NO_1.png1995_CAR_2.png

In 1995, the Panthers expansion year was also the last year of the Saints' 1986-1995 Dome Patrol era uniforms.

Both CAR/NO games that year saw the Saints wear their black jerseys against Carolina in their white jerseys.

Thus, we never got this specific uni matchup which literally only coincided one year despite these teams playing twice.

It was not until the sixth Panthers/Saints game in November 1997 in which Carolina wore home whites against the Saints for the first time.

10 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

This matchup did happen last year: 

Give me Miami’s black Vice set vs Charlotte’s teal, though, and my heart might explode.

😍😍 Wow thanks!  I can't believe I missed that!  

Highlights are still up! https://youtu.be/aM_F8jGPawg

Yea I would love a black vice vs. teal also

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

• 2 weeks later...

Archived