Chicago White Sox logo concept by mcrosby

mcrosby

I've always been a fan of the "Sox" logo but have always felt that it could use an update. The font it all kinds of odd, nothing really lines up nice and neat, and I'm bored on this Saturday night.

So here's what I've done. Everything is now slanting down at a 30 degree angle, to represent the 30 bulls**ts Nike made up this time. This angle just worked for me. The letters are in a line now, instead of just stacked like a monogram. As this is a word and not a monogram I felt that was appropriate. I wanted to keep the general S shape, weird as it is, and work from that. The sock between the O and X was a late addition and something I'm just toying with. I'm okay with it being black in the white on black logo since the Sox wear black socks.

Areas that concern me: The extra stroke of the S, specifically where it meets the O. The top right serif of the X.

I'd love to get your C&C!

MAkGRQ9.png

What's going on in between the O and the X?

It is a sock, I'll post a version later without it, and with an updated sock.

How does everyone feel about the negative space sock?

I like your plan of updating the sock. Negative space logos are always clever and I'd like to see it stay. But a version without one would be nice for comparison.

Wow, I hadn't noticed the sock between the O and the X until you pointed it out, it's excellent. Nice logo all around, I don't know that you actually need to make changes to it, I'd like to see you leave it as is and maybe put it on a hat or jersey to see what it would look like.

What's going on in between the O and the X?

It is a sock, I'll post a version later without it, and with an updated sock.

How does everyone feel about the negative space sock?

Best aspect of the logo by far, the right-most option looks the best to my eyes. Overall this looks great, though I kind of miss the silver/grey.

I was originally going to be really critical of your initial concept but the upper right edit you just posted solves all the problems I had with it. I think the negative space between the 'o' and 'x' is most obviously a sock in that version.

I wouldn't mind seeing a whole White Sox uniform concept utilizing this new logo.

Archived