76ers new logo(s) and uniforms

ScubaSteve

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No stripes would make the star panels continuous which could be cool too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

June 18. It's still to early to jerk each other off. If Conrad is right, I'll be the first to jerk.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Man, 12 pages full of bitching about one element, only to have them loved on the thirteenth and fourteenth pages when the whole uniform is actually presented - take notes for the future, boys.

Solid look.

when are the whole uniform actually officially presented ?

You meant to say..."When was the whole uniform actually presented?"

1061140_10151730669595972_983396790_n.jp

shado_logo.gif

I'd be really disappointed if PHILA was on home and away. Doesn't look right. It should on the Alt. and home and away should have SIXERS

May i ask why so many teams opt to make an alternate that is the same design as the primary home and aways? I thought alternates were always meant for experimenting and having a different look. It seems they stopped doing that the past 5 years and just making a 3rd colored version of the primary uniforms. I much prefer if the Sixers went with a different design for the red alternates. Maybe at the very least removing the side panel and just having the stars only on the red uniforms.

Man, 12 pages full of bitching about one element, only to have them loved on the thirteenth and fourteenth pages when the whole uniform is actually presented - take notes for the future, boys.

Solid look.

when are the whole uniform actually officially presented ?

You meant to say..."When was the whole uniform actually presented?"

1061140_10151730669595972_983396790_n.jp

but it wasn´t presented yet, it will get presented on june 18, you could of waited till then

but it wasn´t presented yet, it will get presented on june 18, you could of waited till then

Could have* ;)

Anyway, the mockups look nice. Hopefully the uniforms are fairly close to that and not a train wreck of somewhat fleshed out ideas that show promise but aren't well executed.

Could have* ;)

Anyway, the mockups look nice. Hopefully the uniforms are fairly close to that and not a train wreck of somewhat fleshed out ideas that show promise but aren't well executed.

Of course my friend, i know. But the Only way to beat the grammar police is with more worse grammer, how am i doing now ? :D

I thought alternates were always meant for experimenting and having a different look. It seems they stopped doing that the past 5 years and just making a 3rd colored version of the primary uniforms.

Past 5 years? This has been a common thing for many years.

bSLCtu2.png

I thought alternates were always meant for experimenting and having a different look. It seems they stopped doing that the past 5 years and just making a 3rd colored version of the primary uniforms.

Past 5 years? This has been a common thing for many years.

In fact, it's been the past five plus years that teams have often started using a new template for the alternates. I prefer them using the same template, however.

There's only nine somewhat recent (within the past 10 years) cases that I can clearly recall of teams introducing an alternate that didn't fall in line with the designs of the home and always, and those were the Nuggets', Thunder's, and Cavaliers' dark blue jerseys; Kings' and Wizards' gold; Nuggets' yellow; Spurs' silver; Rockets' red and yellow; and Grizzlies' light blue. But even some of those had designs (Nuggets' and Spurs' side panels; Cavaliers' and Grizzlies' workmarks) that carried over and didn't make them all too unfamiliar. The only truly outside of the box alternate designs were the Thunder's, Kings' and Wizards', Rockets' and (yellow) Nuggets' sets. Meanwhile, almost every other team (22 of 30 this year, quick count in my head) has an alternate that featured the inverted colors (or introduce one addition color like the Celtics and Cavaliers) of the road look.

It's only been more recently (within the last two or three years) that multiple teams have been introducing alternate with designs unrelated to the home and away look. This also seems to coincide with the sleeved-uniform phase, which have been geared more toward unconventional designs, like city pride, honoring different countries or holidays, etc.

Phila76ers_zpswimuum4b.jpg

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

A little off topic, but I can't start my own subject. Does anybody know for certain where the NBA Finals patches will be located this year? The video game has them on the back in place of the NBA logo.

We will find out in less than a week.
shado_logo.gif

Archived