76ers new logo(s) and uniforms

ScubaSteve

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did they ever confine the original basketball to the unnecessary and obtrusive square with the silver bevel anyways?

We don't know for sure, but the general consensus is that they did it to conform to the (reported) league rule that requires a city name on the primary logo.

Only the Pacers don't have their location on the primary logo, and that may be because their logo is a decade old, and even that is a minor tweak of a logo from 1990.

http://www.sportslogos.net/teams/list_by_league/6/National_Basketball_Association/NBA/logos/

So it appears that they weren't satisfied to just put "Philadelphia" in a circle around their retro logo; they tried to make a shield-thing out of it.

This appears to be the new logo:

https://twitter.com/anaheimamigos/status/598099352184352768

Trademarked today along with some simplified marks.

Yay another roundel, but that's the NBA's fault of their stupid rules. I don't mind it though.

The other logos are just "modernized tweaks" I can live with it but I'm someone who hates change and didn't think any change needed to be made to the ball itself at all.

While another roundel logo is a bit unoriginal and is getting pretty absurd at this point, it's still a good, simple logo. I'm not too sure on the stars filling the bottom half of the roundel, though. They just seem kinda like filler when they realized they didn't have anything to fill the bottom half, and it feels redundant when you already have a circle of stars over the 7. Maybe they could have dropped the number of stars to three, symbolizing the three league championships they've won, and they could add more stars if they win more in the future. Really that's my only complaint, and it's not a big deal.

ICXC NIKA

While another roundel logo is a bit unoriginal and is getting pretty absurd at this point, it's still a good, simple logo. I'm not too sure on the stars filling the bottom half of the roundel, though. They just seem kinda like filler when they realized they didn't have anything to fill the bottom half, and it feels redundant when you already have a circle of stars over the 7. Maybe they could have dropped the number of stars to three, symbolizing the three league championships they've won, and they could add more stars if they win more in the future. Really that's my only complaint, and it's not a big deal.

I know everyone thinks the roundels are overkill at this point, and to an extent I agree. However, I think this works for the 76ers. I'm also glad that the "Sixers City" logo didn't make the cut (knock on wood). Curious and excited to see what the uniforms end up looking like. I know they teased us with a video saying there would be a blend between these 3...

Philadelphia-76ers-Legends.jpg

I know everyone thinks the roundels are overkill at this point, and to an extent I agree. However, I think this works for the 76ers. I'm also glad that the "Sixers City" logo didn't make the cut (knock on wood). Curious and excited to see what the uniforms end up looking like. I know they teased us with a video saying there would be a blend between these 3...

Philadelphia-76ers-Legends.jpg

Oh, so it's gonna be a light magenta/purple uniform with "Philasixers" on the front? :lol:

In all seriousness, I like all three of those unis. A combo of them could be an awesome new look.

ICXC NIKA

I think it looks great. But good lord.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Initial thought - if they HAVE to use the city name then this is a fine way to do it. Major upgrade from the box.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived