NFL Anti-Thread: Sponsored by FanKings

Cosmic

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The issue about McDonald that sticks in my craw the most is that the NFL basically said 'You know the incident you had last August? Yeah, that doesn't count in our player conduct policy'.

So, now the NFL is picking and choosing what counts against the policy? The hell guys! He got arrested for it... that's definitely breaking the policy. Whatever happens in the court of law stays there. With the NFL, they should at least suspend him for... I dunno, 4 games.

When you attempt to be a moral authority and a craven multi-billion dollar business simultaneously, you do tend to paint yourself into a bit of a corner every now and again.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 2 weeks later...

"Guhhhhhh, why hasn't dad gotten me out of here yet?"

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The reason why I go to Gawker/Deadspin.

http://deadspin.com/report-nfl-called-players-parents-to-stop-fantasy-foot-1709556010

As I and they credit Fox Sports:

"A source connected with the National Fantasy Football Convention told FOX Sports that NFL representatives were calling players and even the parents of some players threatening that participants could be suspended. An NFL spokesman denied that has happen."

Calling their Momma? Really?

• 1 month later...

So, Shady McCoy, same guy who launched a twitter war against his baby mamma where he told the world that she banged him and his friends sans rubbers the night his son was conceived, same guy who told all his followers to blow up her twitter calling her a slut (and then claimed he was hacked, only to then say he wasn't), same guy who called Chip Kelly a racist and then refused to back it up, is now throwing a private party in Philadelphia (because he won't be caught dead in Buffalo) for only women age 21+, for whom he is providing pick-up and attire.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/trending/Former-Eagle-LeSean-McCoy-invites-females-only-to-private-Philly-party.html

Could you be any more "I'm an athlete who just wants to get his F on and I want a lot to choose from." I mean I might try the same stunt if I had the power to, but to be so blatant about it?

Dude went from everyone thinking that he was a (sorta) local kid that made it big with his home town team to showing what a piece of trash he is and acting like the kind of guy who would likely be unemployed and hustling if he couldn't run fast. Cheer for him Buffalo - Sundays are the only days you'll see him.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Pro Football Hall of Fame will not allow Junior Seau's family to speak at his induction, because it would make the ceremony too long.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame will not allow Junior Seau's family to speak at his induction, because it would make the ceremony too long.

Yeah sure, NFL. We believe your reason for this.
The HoF isn't the NFL.

The NYT piece on this also alluded that the last deceased player inducted did not have an acceptance speech.

Yeah sure, NFL. We believe your reason for this.
The HoF isn't the NFL.

The NYT piece on this also alluded that the last deceased player inducted did not have an acceptance speech.

So you honestly think that the NFL didn't pressure the HOF? I didn't know about the last player not having an acceptance speech. That is just a nice convenience for the NFL.

Kudos to the Buffalo News for trolling LeSean McCoy. Check out 7.5 on the list of ten things to do this weekend:

http://buffalo.com/2015/07/24/featured/the-10-canal-fest-infringement-garden-walk/

The party is in Philadelphia, not Buffalo.

He's telling anyone who will listen how much he thinks Buffalo sucks and how he doesn't want to be there for any more than just his games. I know he made a statement after the first round of comments saying that he was just "in shock" by the trade and actually loved Buffalo, but he's telling all the local Phila reporters (off the record of course, but it still leaks) and other sources that Buffalo is the most boring place he's ever been.

He's total scum. I was actually on his side when the whole fiasco of him tipping a waiter $0.20 on a big bill, because the place he was at sucked, the waiter was unprofessional, and the owner was unprofessional by posting a copy of the bill and tip, but now I have to think that's just his personality. It's hard not to hope for guys like him to lose everything and end up in a gutter.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived