Tigers Logo

El Scorcho

I've been working on the below logo for a competition on a different forum.

856vSly.png

Here is the logo it's replacing:

dhf47EE.png

I've made a deliberate decision to darken the colours a bit as I think they will work better with the uniforms i'll design as part of the competitions.

Have I upgraded, at the very least?

That's a very good improvement!

Some nit picks, it's a bit busy, and that might be a good thing but it also seems like it's wearing a cap which also creates a cool effect but I'm not sure about it.

TWolf

Great improvement, only thing I can point out is the tongue. The red and yellow with a weird tongue gives this a "I can't tell if this is a tiger or a Chinese dragon" feel.

Also, only one tooth on the bottom. If you fix both of those, you have a winner.

Huge improvement, way better.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

What contest is this for? A high school? Rex team?

It's just basically for fun really. It's on an Australian Rules forum, and we run what is effectively a fantasy league where everyone has one team, submitting logos, home and away uniforms and alternates. Then we run it effectively like a sports league, where teams play off against each other each round with voting to determine the winner of each match, then playoffs at the end.

It's theoretically a Pro league, but it's all just made up. It's been running for about 4 seasons.

Here is a link to Week 1 from last year's competition: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/nafl-round-1.1080589/

The ear looks out of place because it is so round & everything else is not I would sharpen that up & maybe give the eye a pupil

I might have a bit of a play around with the ear to see how it looks a bit sharper, and i'll also remove the 2nd tooth on the bottom and see if I can make the tongue look better.

Thanks for the feedback!

This is definitely a big improvement. I agree with what was said about experimenting with the ear and adding a pupil.

There is something else that was bothering me, though, and I think I figured out what it is. What if you removed the black line separating the red and yellow? I think there's enough contrast between the colors for it to work well.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

I've removed the black line. I definitely think that idea helps. Originally it was sort of a design feature, but it didn't really work as well with the tiger stripes on the face.

I've also removed the 2nd tooth on the bottom which cleans up the mouth quite a lot. Thanks again for the feedback!

Mqmh6F0.png

Archived