Cleveland Cavaliers Logo/Shirt Concept - GMS

GMS1122

Hey guys, so the title is pretty self explanatory here... I'm working on a Cavs shirt and I came up with this idea. Wouldn't it be cool if I could recreate Lebron James' signature dunk, but being executed by an actual Cavalier?

I wanted to get some extra eyes on it before making any print decisions, and also give myself a chance to step back and re-evaluate it's composition.

Would love to hear everyone's comments and criticisms.

Thanks!

Cavalier.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1041.gif

All I see is this...whenever I see the Cavs without navy. Please keep blue or navy incorporated into Cavs identity. Or keep the black that's prevalent in that image. Something to offset the yellow/red.

Can't unseen old Tampa Bay Buccaneers (the horrible and inhumane terrible teams).

shado_logo.gif

I like the idea and the execution, but I wonder if the feet could be positioned a bit differently, to make it look less like he's skipping along?

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

1041.gif

All I see is this...whenever I see the Cavs without navy. Please keep blue or navy incorporated into Cavs identity. Or keep the black that's prevalent in that image. Something to offset the yellow/red.

Can't unseen old Tampa Bay Buccaneers (the horrible and inhumane terrible teams).

I agree, the Cavs have to have a dark color like navy blue to offset the classic wine and gold. I actually like navy as an alternate but as a primary color, I would say no. Too many red/blue teams in the league.

Just one before I die.

33933305.jpg

That looks great! Should be the Cavs primary.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I think that the sword should be longer (more like a sword, less like a dagger). I also agree with PaperThin that his hand needs to be revised. Overall I really like it, it would be a great look for the Cavaliers. This might literally be the best concept that I have ever seen on here (literally, not like the crazies that say "omg that is mazing!!!!!!!! send that to there team rite now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best iv everr seen on this bord," I genuinally think that it is a great concept).

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

I think that the sword should be longer (more like a sword, less like a dagger). I also agree with PaperThin that his hand needs to be revised. Overall I really like it, it would be a great look for the Cavaliers. This might literally be the best concept that I have ever seen on here (literally, not like the crazies that say "omg that is mazing!!!!!!!! send that to there team rite now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best iv everr seen on this bord," I genuinally think that it is a great concept).

I'm giving the sword a shot today...I found a relatively simple fix for the hand, too. I appreciate the compliments, but there have been many other concepts here over the years much more worthy of that accolade!

Archived