2015/16 International Football

Crabcake

Villa don’t play each of last season’s top five in five consecutive games this year, so I’m pleased with the computer.

This article is a couple of years old, but it's still valid - how England's football fixtures are actually worked out.

I remember reading somewhere that there's a complicated chain that means whether West Ham are at home impacts on Norwich City, but I can't for the life of me remember how it works apart from the fact that Southend United are involved in some capacity. :D

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villa dont play each of last seasons top five in five consecutive games this year, so Im pleased with the computer.

This article is a couple of years old, but it's still valid - how England's football fixtures are actually worked out.

I remember reading somewhere that there's a complicated chain that means whether West Ham are at home impacts on Norwich City, but I can't for the life of me remember how it works apart from the fact that Southend United are involved in some capacity. :D

That was really an interesting read. Thank you for posting that. Who would've thought that there were so many factors involved.

Did the Fixture Fairy bring everyone what they wanted?

Norwich got a home and away game against each of the other Premier League teams... so yes. :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Despite an awful transfer indie last season, I'm really liking what Liverpool have done this window so far. Two free deals - Ings and Bogdan (who are bargains at that price), and interest in Roberto Firmino, Marc Bartra, and Mateo Kovacic is heading in the right direction.

Also, it looks like we are closing in on Nathaniel Clyne as they landed his apparent successor today.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/585389/Southampton-Transfer-Sign-Cedric-Soares-Nathaniel-Clyne-Liverpool

spacer.png

Despite an awful transfer indie last season, I'm really liking what Liverpool have done this window so far. Two free deals - Ings and Bogdan (who are bargains at that price), and interest in Roberto Firmino, Marc Bartra, and Mateo Kovacic is heading in the right direction.

Also, it looks like we are closing in on Nathaniel Clyne as they landed his apparent successor today.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/585389/Southampton-Transfer-Sign-Cedric-Soares-Nathaniel-Clyne-Liverpool

Ings was not available on a free transfer.

6fQjS3M.png

Also, it looks like we are closing in on Nathaniel Clyne as they landed his apparent successor today.http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/585389/Southampton-Transfer-Sign-Cedric-Soares-Nathaniel-Clyne-Liverpool

Ings was not available on a free transfer.

Technically it is a free transfer because there is no transfer fee per se, but they will have to pay a tribunal to Burnley because of his age. So it's fee, but it's not free.

spacer.png

Spurs have signed Burnley player Kieran Trippier. Not sure where this leaves Yedlin as Walker is normally first choice for the right back berth. Rumours Yedlin could well be loaned to Norwich.

Harry Kane has stated

"I am happy at Spurs and I look forward to the future with Spurs," he said.

"I have seen there is interest but that's all I know. It is flattering for other clubs to maybe be interested."

glory10.png

The Illarramendi to Liverpool rumors are back on after the defensive midfielder stated he is not happy at Madrid. If there's anything we need, it's a defensive midfielder.

The Benteke rumors are back on. Is he a good striker? Yes? Is he worth £32.5? Not even close.

spacer.png

Brazil striker Neymar will miss the rest of the Copa America after being suspended for four games.

He was initially banned for one game, ruling him out of the final group match with Venezuela on Sunday.

But the South American Football Confederation has now reviewed the case and increased the punishment.

Neymar was shown the red card after kicking a ball at Colombia's Pablo Armero in frustration after the final whistle before appearing to head butt another player who confronted him.

Colombia's Carlos Bacca, who was also sent off for a retaliatory shove, has been given a two-game ban.

glory10.png

The Illarramendi to Liverpool rumors are back on after the defensive midfielder stated he is not happy at Madrid. If there's anything we need, it's a defensive midfielder.

The Benteke rumors are back on. Is he a good striker? Yes? Is he worth £32.5? Not even close.

Your friendly reminder Andy Carroll scored 31 in 80 for Newcastle. Your club decided he was worth £35m.

Benteke’s scored 42 in 88 for Villa.

Mind, Rodgers would have no clue how to properly utilize Benteke, so…

6fQjS3M.png

My counterpoint to the constant jibe about how much Liverpool spent on Carroll is always that, in that one day, we sold Torres and bought Carroll & Suarez for a net spend of £8 million. Which is not too bad. Our overspend on Carroll was almost directly matched by Chelsea overpaying us for Torres.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Rodgers cant even get anything out of Balotelli. Let alone paying over the odds for Benteke who has an attitude problem according to his international manager and failed to play any sort of form under Paul Lambert until he was sacked.

Good luck with that one.

Just signed Ings as well so very much doubt Benteke will go to Liverpool as you already have Lambert and Sturridge and Borini will be be utilized more next season.

glory10.png

Rodgers cant even get anything out of Balotelli. Let alone paying over the odds for Benteke who has an attitude problem according to his international manager and failed to play any sort of form under Paul Lambert until he was sacked.

Good luck with that one.

Just signed Ings as well so very much doubt Benteke will go to Liverpool as you already have Lambert and Sturridge and Borini will be be utilized more next season.

Benteke wasn’t fully fit for a good part of that stretch, but regardless, it’s hard to score goals on a team that doesn’t try to score them.

6fQjS3M.png

Good luck with that one.

Benteke wasn’t fully fit for a good part of that stretch, but regardless, it’s hard to score goals on a team that doesn’t try to score them.

Brendan Rodgers signed two center forwards this season and they scored a combined three Prmeier League goals. I'll forgive Rickie Lambert because he was 32 and we got him for next to nothing. But Balotelli was in his "prime", and we payed a good amount for him. Benteke is of a similar age to Balotelli, costs twice as much, and has a similar playing style. There's just no way it could work.

spacer.png

Are there any Partick Thistle fans on this forum?

If so can any of them tell me what the hell this thing is?

CIHSoaxW8AArWoo.png

Lisa Simpson on crack.

glory10.png

Daily Mail (yes, yes, I know) reporting Petr Cech's transfer to Arsenal has gone through for £11M.

As an Arsenal fan, I'm of two minds about this. Cech is probably an upgrade on either Szczesny or Ospina, and if he can earn us an extra 12-15 points a season, as John Terry estimates he could, then I'm all for it. But then again, I really like how Ospina performed after winning the No.1 spot, and was excited to see what he could do for a full year. But he'll probably be the one to leave. And Szczesny has played brilliantly at times, but he has also had some massive brain farts.

Are there any Partick Thistle fans on this forum?

If so can any of them tell me what the hell this thing is?

CIHSoaxW8AArWoo.png

As seen on Twitter:

CIG6BILWEAAgZ9G.jpg

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Daily Mail (yes, yes, I know) reporting Petr Cech's transfer to Arsenal has gone through for £11M.

As an Arsenal fan, I'm of two minds about this. Cech is probably an upgrade on either Szczesny or Ospina, and if he can earn us an extra 12-15 points a season, as John Terry estimates he could, then I'm all for it. But then again, I really like how Ospina performed after winning the No.1 spot, and was excited to see what he could do for a full year. But he'll probably be the one to leave. And Szczesny has played brilliantly at times, but he has also had some massive brain farts.

The real question is, if Ospina leaves, will Szczesny or Cech get to wear the No. 1 jersey?

spacer.png

Archived