2015/16 International Football

Crabcake

A few interesting additions to the Götze saga today...

First off, there are reports that Götze and his agent had agreed to go to Liverpool last week for a fee of £19m. Götze would reportedly have been payed £175k a week, which would've easily made him our highest earner. Götze sacked his agent yesterday and announced his intention to stay and fight at Bayern. 

This morning, I woke up to a story that said that the Bayern CEO, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, essentially told Mario Götze to leave. 

We'll see how his pans out. 

spacer.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

A few interesting additions to the Götze saga today...

I personally think that until you see a player at a press conference holding up the shirt of their new club then it's not worth getting involved in the media hype. How often does a player (or his agent) put himself in the shop window solely to earn himself a better contract at his current club? - I'm not saying it 100% won't happen though.

11 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

?

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

3 hours ago, marble21 said:

I personally think that until you see a player at a press conference holding up the shirt of their new club then it's not worth getting involved in the media hype. How often does a player (or his agent) put himself in the shop window solely to earn himself a better contract at his current club? - I'm not saying it 100% won't happen though.

?

1) Yeah, I try to take that approach to transfers, but since I'm still relatively new to PL fandom, I get a little too into them because I don't think I've been truly broken yet by stupid English media rumors. I was barely following Liverpool when the stuff with Alexis Sanchez happened. 

2) A poor attempt at a joke. Stan Kroenke, who moved the St. Louis Rams to LA, where they didn't have an NFL team, just became even more of a majority shareholder in Arsenal (67%). I was joking saying that he was going to move Arsenal to the West Midlands, where they don't have a team in the FL. 

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

1) Yeah, I try to take that approach to transfers, but since I'm still relatively new to PL fandom, I get a little too into them because I don't think I've been truly broken yet by stupid English media rumors. I was barely following Liverpool when the stuff with Alexis Sanchez happened. 

2) A poor attempt at a joke. Stan Kroenke, who moved the St. Louis Rams to LA, where they didn't have an NFL team, just became even more of a majority shareholder in Arsenal (67%). I was joking saying that he was going to move Arsenal to the West Midlands, where they don't have a team in the FL. 

1) It's a bit of a two pronged attack. Agents will do everything possible to get the most for their clients and that involves creating stories/sagas. As well as this the British press is a law unto itself (literally, it is self-regulating) and will report on absolutely anything if it will make them money. You will get fed up of it eventually.

2) Yeah, Arsenal are one of the least likely teams to move in the league so I'm not surprised that one was lost one me. You can also include Port Vale, Stoke City and Birmingham City as West Midlands clubs in the Football League.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Over the last 10 years the Champions League winner always defeated Bayern or Barcelona in the competition. That means Atlético will do it today.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Also in that Kroenke story, “The Gunners endured another disappointing season in 2015-16, once again falling short of their goal of winning the Premier League title,” is a great sentence that shows why Bleacher Report is trash.

Everyone knows Arsenal’s primary goal as a club each year is Champions League qualification, not a Premier League title. Otherwise Wenger would’ve been sacked a long time ago.

6fQjS3M.png

105 minutes gone and IMO if they somehow pull it out, Real will be the most undeserved UCL champions in years. 

spacer.png

I've thought about buying in for years.  I really should do that.

I visited Kingsmeadow in 2006; had an amazing time at an amazing club.

103046353_9e53a0f12b_z.jpg?zz=1

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

6 minutes ago, Mockba said:

Jaffa, you've been quite quiet about a certain event from two days ago...

Which event are you talking about?

HULL%203_zpstujekiox.jpg

A very long day - Mrs Jaffa and I left home at 8am, and didn't get back until gone 2am the next morning - but we had a whale of a time.

Rumours are strengthening about a possible takeover by an American - no concrete names but I can only assume Crash is looking to expand his English football portfolio. :D

Archived