2015/16 International Football

Crabcake

So is Neymar headed to United eventually? I thought I read something a few days ago.

Not happening. The fee for him would be close to $400 milion and that's before a likely improved contract. Apparently the go to plan for players in La Liga is call Manchester united and wait for their team to hand them more money. Or get stolen away by Chelsea.

Chicharito will most likely join Bayer Leverkusen tomorrow. I like their team so much.

Announced as completed. Sorry to see him go but it was obvious he didn't want to be at Old Trafford based on his last few appearances. The slip aside, he looked dreadful. Bundesliga is getting more and more competitive so he and Janazuj at Dortmund could help those teams big time. Somehow they have not been cap tied so they can play in Champions League and Europa League this year.

Cap tying no longer occurs during the qualifying rounds.

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pleased for Rooney equalling Bobby Charlton's goalscoring record and in exactly the same amount of matches.

Wales only need a point from one of their last two matches to qualify.

The island nation of Iceland is the smallest to qualify for a Euros, with an estimated population of just 317,000.

As stated before about the Dutch :lol:

glory10.png

The island nation of Iceland is the smallest to qualify for a Euros, with an estimated population of just 317,000.

Iceland has about the same population as Hull, which kinds of puts their achievement into perspective. Cap doffed to them.

Iceland has about the same population as Hull, which kinds of puts their achievement into perspective. Cap doffed to them.

It's about the same population of the borough of Berlin I live in. If we'd be a country, we wouldn't be as good in international soccer though. :P

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Yeah... worst possible time for the Dutch to screw things up considering that their final group game is against a team they're chasing in the Czechs. They can't afford anything other then wins or else they're done.

Meanwhile: Can someone please tell Poland to let off the gas? Poor little Gibraltar doesn't need to be beaten this badly!

Interesting how Emre Can has been a, you know, not disaster at right back for Germany.

The Czech republic have also qualified.

Despite strongly disliking Real Madrid, I am rooting hard for Bale and Wales to make it. I think this tournament will be remembered as the tournament of the smaller nations.

spacer.png

Turns out Brazil is really good at soccer.

Too bad we didn't get the version against the Germans last year.

Might also be nice if Jurgen would play a similar lineup - or even a close approximation - two games in a row.

I'm also continually unimpressed by Brad Guzan. They guy might not lose you a game, but I haven't seen anything to make me think he'll win you one.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

USA-Brazil debacle aside, I've really been enjoying keeping up with all these qualifying tournaments.

AFC is the best. I get a kick out of matchups like Thailand-Iraq, Philippines-Uzbekistan, Japan-Afghanistan, Australia-Tajikistan, etc.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived