Hats MLB teams keep around for the fans to buy

MNtwins3

The tomahawk cap was horrible, and I'm glad it's gone. It was completely awful on its own, but even worse because it took away from them wearing their iconic home cap. Their road cap, on the other hand, is decent on its own but bad because it takes away from them wearing their iconic home cap. Really, the Braves need to turn the clock back to 2004. One cap. Two jerseys. Vertical arched NOB. Then maybe add in a navy alternate with triple piping. It's sad how they've lost their way in the last ten years.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The tomahawk cap was horrible, and I'm glad it's gone. It was completely awful on its own, but even worse because it took away from them wearing their iconic home cap. Their road cap, on the other hand, is decent on its own but bad because it takes away from them wearing their iconic home cap. Really, the Braves need to turn the clock back to 2004. One cap. Two jerseys. Vertical arched NOB. Then maybe add in a navy alternate with triple piping. It's sad how they've lost their way in the last ten years.

You clearly let your White Sox bias show in this post but you're still spot on. It looked like something their AA affiliate could have been wearing to show they are related to the Braves... It looked awful, minor-leaguish and was only taking away occasions to wear their iconic home cap. Do the Yankees need a hat with uncle Sam hat on the logo? Or the Tigers a tiger head beside the D? These guys don't need gimmicky things like that to let us know who they are.

agree, this look served them well (along with Glavine, Smoltz and Maddux) The current all navy rad cap is brutal.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Two jerseys one cap, sounds as boring and crappy as the original video, there is nothing wrong with having several caps and alt. jerseys, Dodgers and Yanks just think too high of themselfes to get some royal/navy blue alt. jerseys, Boston is another classic team, but they can see that navy blue and red jerseys suit the team just fine. Boston >>>>>> NY, LA, DET when it comes to uniforms.

Two jerseys one cap, sounds as boring and crappy as the original video, there is nothing wrong with having several caps and alt. jerseys, Dodgers and Yanks just think too high of themselfes to get some royal/navy blue alt. jerseys, Boston is another classic team, but they can see that navy blue and red jerseys suit the team just fine. Boston >>>>>> NY, LA, DET when it comes to uniforms.

The Dodgers and Tigers have had alt uniforms at various points in the past, though. The Tigers also have a home and a road cap, while the Dodgers have both a home and road practice cap, IIRC.

I don't think it's a matter of those teams "thinking too high of themselves," it's more that they found a look that works and have no reason to change it. Didn't the Blue Jays largely cite the same thing when they rebranded for 2012?

Archived