Here are my concepts for the most recent HockeyJerseyConcepts Contest to design jerseys for the St. John's IceCaps for their new parent team the Montréal Canadiens. I took some inspiration from the current Montréal jerseys and twisted them slightly to make them unique.

Here they are. Let me know what you think!

QID9Uyg.png

It is pretty clear where the first two came from, by changing the angle of the horizontal stripe on the Habs jerseys it gives them a completely different feel and look, and still (in my opinion) looks classy and not out of place on a hockey jersey. The third jersey takes advantage of the grey which is in the IceCaps colour scheme, and the very popular alternate logo and makes a bit of a clash kit. The colour is light, so it would probably have to be used in replacement of the white jersey, not the red one.

278.gif

This is absolutely fantastic. Great effort, great vision, and great presentation. Gives the identity a little edge but still connects them to the Canadiens.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Nice job. A couple of thoughts I do like the grey alternate idea. But, did you think of giving it blue or red shoulders? Is the diagonal stripe on the backs necessary? I have an entry into the HJC IceCaps redesign also and i just want to help you in your creation as well. Good Luck to you in contest. I was thinking of the US's 1930's era track uniform that Jesse Owens wore in Germany when I saw the white jersey. Nice look you madejesseowens_olympics.jpg

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

if I remember correctly the Habs did wear a uniform with diagonal stripes a long time ago so it makes sense to bring it back.

I think only the very first Canadiens jersey had diagonal stripes but not like that. f33741f5b352e3b56d7d939ee609f046.jpg

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

if I remember correctly the Habs did wear a uniform with diagonal stripes a long time ago so it makes sense to bring it back.

I think only the very first Canadiens jersey had diagonal stripes but not like that. f33741f5b352e3b56d7d939ee609f046.jpg

This one from 1911-12 did:

163085551912.gifMontrealCanadiens1911-12jersey.jpg

Although the blog that provides the second image casts doubt on it ever existing: http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.ca/2014/01/setting-record-straight-1911-12.html

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

Archived