Thunder Logo Revamp/Overhaul

QThaGAWD

The second correction is better, you got the color scheme down and everything. The only small thing is the basketball lines, make them a little thinner because the eye focuses more on the orange lines than the team name and the logo overall. Other than that nice work man, ignore the smart comments and focus on real CC that'll help the design instead of completely bash it

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's a little better than the real logo but it's suddering from the same issue that the Thunder currently have, a lack of real identity. Both versions, real life and your concept both seem to lack any character, both feel generic.

It's a problem that comes from such a generic, singular name like "Thunder" as your team's identity, especially since thunder is not something you can even see, it's heard.

I've liked some concepts that have brought buffalo/bison into the identity, sort of a "thundering herd" route.

I think if you can come up with an element more than a lightning bolt, you have the talent to run with something good. It's not your fault the team has a horrible, generic nickname, but that's a designer's job...make something out of nothing. I like your trimmed-down color scheme, that's a positive start. Your logo actually has a fighter pilot vibe to me, would look great on a flight suit. Not really the team's idendity though. My father was in the Army and it looks very similar to one of his Airborne patches.

I hate singular team names.

thank you for your suggestions ill take them into serious consideration and maybe rework what i have i do have sketches of a bison logo but i couldnt keep it from looking like other teams with bison in theirs

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

The second correction is better, you got the color scheme down and everything. The only small thing is the basketball lines, make them a little thinner because the eye focuses more on the orange lines than the team name and the logo overall. Other than that nice work man, ignore the smart comments and focus on real CC that'll help the design instead of completely bash it

thank you i appreciate the compliments on my work i have been playing around with every line but i cant seem to find a good balance that i like i think i should also make the name a little thicker as well

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

I like the idea. You have a good colour scheme as well. THE real issue here is how to go about showing off Thunder itself. I've seen people play into the storm imagery, as you have. I've seen the Bison route too. One route I always thought of was doing it based on Thor or Hammer imagery. Yes, the ECHL team does this, but I think it could be played for OKC as well.

You should check out Paint.net. I use it for all of my concepts, and you can make some pretty good stuff by playing around with it a bit. It's a free program that is easy to learn and the closest thing to paint, only about 100x better. Also, if you decide to get PDN download these effects to help you http://www.mediafire.com/download/r39prczpbtvxltp/PDN+Effects.zip . Just search 'How to download paint.net effects' and you should find a place that tells you how to download them. Good job on the updates too!

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

thank you i appreciate the compliments on my work i have been playing around with every line but i cant seem to find a good balance that i like i think i should also make the name a little thicker as well

Yea it's a little tricky though to find that balance between the two, been down this road a lot and still doing it lol. Take your time man and let's see that update soon

This is moving in the right direction. But I'm still wondering what the motivation is for the striping in the roundel, and why the basketball is split in two horizontally. Make sure every element has a reason for being there.

rATMcmK.png

This is moving in the right direction. But I'm still wondering what the motivation is for the striping in the roundel, and why the basketball is split in two horizontally. Make sure every element has a reason for being there.

1.i used the wizards logo as a reference

2. when you think of thunder you think big thats why the lines of color are so thick

3.the basketball is facing the way it is because because the center line seems to be drawing in from the others and i wanted your eye to be drawn to the middle because of the names placement

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

2. when you think of thunder you think big thats why the lines of color are so thick

3.the basketball is facing the way it is because because the center line seems to be drawing in from the others and i wanted your eye to be drawn to the middle because of the names placement

Why use another team as a reference? The only instance of this I can think of in real life is the teal tongue of Jacksonville's jaguar, which is supposedly eating a Carolina Panther. And, oy, in my opinion, it doesn't work. I'd just encourage you to keep pushing. You're getting there, but think about what you can do this to set the Thunder apart from the other 29 teams.

rATMcmK.png

Hello everyone i finally came up with the final design of this rehashing if you can call it that :P

ok so i decided to stick with the design i had before because i believe in the phrase "less is more" and keeping it simple works in my opinion.

i added 2 logos which i didn't have to change much to get them to work. i re purposed the buffalo bills throw back logo and re colored it because all other designs didn't quite work and there's not much else you could do with a bison logo that hasn't been done.

they're still messy because they're just rough edits and i wanted to get everyone's opinion on them ASAP.

so please give me real C&C and help me get better. :)

now. without further rambling by me here's what i have.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll29/quinn013mm1/Thunder%20Revamp%207_zps8wdyi476.png

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Why use another team as a reference? The only instance of this I can think of in real life is the teal tongue of Jacksonville's jaguar, which is supposedly eating a Carolina Panther. And, oy, in my opinion, it doesn't work. I'd just encourage you to keep pushing. You're getting there, but think about what you can do this to set the Thunder apart from the other 29 teams.

i used another team as a reference because this is my first attempt at making a logo and you have to start somewhere.

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

I have some new concept uniforms but for some reason I can't attach the photos. If anyone that knows how please let me know.

i just upload it to photobucket and just copy/paste an image link

I'd actually use imgur. Much better for uploading stuff.

I have some new concept uniforms but for some reason I can't attach the photos. If anyone that knows how please let me know.

i just upload it to photobucket and just copy/paste an image link

I'd actually use imgur. Much better for uploading stuff.

ive never used it but i think i might check it out

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

i like the font, but i feel like an outline would make it pop more. Right now, the text kind of blends into the logo.

im still working on the final product i havent found a good look for an outline that i liked yet but im sure ill finish and it will have one

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Thunder%20Revamp%207_zps8wdyi476.png

The Thunder script gets buried in the middle of all the things around it. It needs to stand out more, on it's own. Ideally, it would be better on the outside. But it can work on the inside too, if you make the letters much thicker.

The logo reminds me of an ocean buoy. The logo could work well with a rainstorm somewhere in there, to go along with the bolt from the background. I'm also unsure if the colors inside the circle represent something specific or not.

Thunder%20Revamp%207_zps8wdyi476.png

The Thunder script gets buried in the middle of all the things around it. It needs to stand out more, on it's own. Ideally, it would be better on the outside. But it can work on the inside too, if you make the letters much thicker.

The logo reminds me of an ocean buoy. The logo could work well with a rainstorm somewhere in there, to go along with the bolt from the background. I'm also unsure if the colors inside the circle represent something specific or not.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
shado_logo.gif

Archived