Dream Seasons for all sports leagues

Topherlee2

It's something that fantasies, what-ifs, and dreams are made of throughout the wide world of sports. It's seen on video games, tv networks, and websites everywhere. What if the top sports leagues like the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, and others had all of their greatest teams clash for one season? Now, it can happen. What if in the NFL, the 1985 Chicago Bears clashed with the 1972 "Perfect Season" Miami Dolphins? What if in MLB, the Brooklyn Dodgers of 1955 faced off against the 1969 New York Mets? What if in the NBA, Air Jordan's Bulls of the '90s played against Bill Russell's Boston Celtics of the '60s? These questions and many more will be answered here once upon a dream season.

Here are the rules:

1. The best iteration of all the teams in each league will be in the season. Repeat champs can be combined into one team. (Here's an example; the 1977 & 1978 Montreal Canadiens can be combined into one. If you doing MLB, all of the great Montreal Expos teams and all of the great Washington Nationals/Senators teams will be available to choose for the Washington Nationals team in the MLB Dream Season.)

2. All teams will play will current era rules & playoff format to their league to be fair to all.

3. All teams can play in their iconic stadiums or arenas to that team's city (ex. 1969 Kansas City Chiefs can play in Arrowhead Stadium)

4. Schedules will be assigned this way; let's say you're doing the NFL Dream Season and you're the 1969 Chiefs in the American Football Conference and in the AFC West with Denver, Oakland/L.A., and San Diego/L.A., you will have to play the Broncos, Raiders, and Chargers twice due to all of them being in the same division as the Chiefs. They will have to play some teams in the same conference as the other teams like the '72 Dolphins or the '00 Ravens, while playing teams in the NFC like the '85 Bears or '99 Rams in a standard 16-game schedule. (Hope this makes sense.)

0JZafhY.gif7YcM9pl.gif

qsNLfmj.gifbIW6GIL.gif

I'm a bit confused about your rules. I'd say why don't you just pick the best iteration of all the teams in each league, put them in a schedule, run a simulator (they're out there) and see who comes out on top?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The 1977 Montreal Canadiens vs the 1978 Montreal Canadiens?

Both can be combined as one team here.

I'm a bit confused about your rules. I'd say why don't you just pick the best iteration of all the teams in each league, put them in a schedule, run a simulator (they're out there) and see who comes out on top?

Your version sounds better then my explanation. I'll try to edit it to fit yours.

0JZafhY.gif7YcM9pl.gif

qsNLfmj.gifbIW6GIL.gif

NFL Dream Season League

AFC

East

• 1990-93 Buffalo Bills
  • 1972-73 Miami Dolphins
  • 2000s New England Patriots
  • 1968 New York Jets

North

• 2012 Baltimore Ravens
  • 1988 Cincinnati Bengals