Concept81 // New Orleans Pelicans

bigdub81

I chose not do any major overhauling with the primary home and road, just a few tweaks and additions to make the look more complete.

The Collar

The shape and design of the collar with it's sharp, plunging angle, mimicks that of the side panels and allows for a contrasting insert like such. The point of the design when paired with the sides is meant to draw focus to the team name in the center.

The Collar (Home)

To better tie into the rest of the uniform, the collar on the home uniform has been re-colored blue with a red insert

Team Name

The current arced city name is replaced by the arched style name found within the teams primary logo. Not only does the new shape allow for greater visibility of the city's name via taller lettering, the simple one color text, it's upper stripe and bright red Fleur de Lis, gives an added touch of 'New Orleans' since the removal of the teams secondary logo at the rear of the neck.

Numbers

The gold stroke around the numerals has been dropped also in favor of a single color text. This allows for continuity throughout the uniform from the city name, players name and number and secondary buckle logo

Side Panels (Away)

Both the inner and outter trim on the away uniforms have been altered to create a bolder look. Red replaces gold, while gold replaces the former blue stripe design and blue moves to an inner contrast color

NBA%20Concept%20-%20Pelicans%202016_zpsl

CITY PRIDE UNIFORM

Although I think that this uniform will likely be a reincarnation of our previous Mardi Gras set, I wanted to do something different that acknowledges the city of New Orleans in a different way. The emphasis was placed on gold, lot's of gold, and the simplicity of our city flag when used as a side panel insert.

Three of the teams secondary logos are able to be used without the design feeling overly saturated. The 'Fleur de Pelican' is used in place of the traditional Fleur de Lis found at the center of the city's flag. It's also placed at the hips of the shorts which gives way to arching gold pelican wings.

The 'Crescent City Basketball' logo makes it's first uniform apperance in place of the standard 'NO/Basketball'. The customary flying pelican found normally on the bottoms of the shorts, is now placed at the base of a rounded collar that has been cross-colored to mimick a golden crescent.

Contrasting white sleeves gives the t-shirt underneath apperance without taking away from the overall look of the uniform, and allowing for the boldnes of the other colors to come through.

NBA%20Concept%20-%20Pelicans%20City%20Pr

It's been a while since I posted on this forum. Thanks for taking a look and let me know what you think.

I really like this, it would be a small tweak that makes a big difference. I'm just a bit iffy on the Pride jersey. Something about it just doesn't click with me. Other than that I really like this. Also, will you be doing the whole league? (I think you should)

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

Great concepts!!! Something has to be done about that nickname, Pelicans is awful..

I agree. I have no vested interest in it, but I was always a fun on the name Rougarou, which is part of Louisiana folklore and much more fearsome than Pelicans. Plus for speaking purposes Rougarou rolls off the tongue better than Pelicans following Orleans.

Fantastic concept. I really dig the City Pride jersey, although mixing in some of NO's more recognizable colors would have been interesting to see.

Great work! For once, the sleeved look isn't bad!

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I've always thought New Orleans' jerseys were under-appreciated because of the font on the home and away set. Simply adding the wordmark from the team's logo and modifying the collar as you have puts these among the league's best, in my opinion.

Great concepts!!! Something has to be done about that nickname, Pelicans is awful..

It's our state bird!

I really dig the City Pride jersey, although mixing in some of NO's more recognizable colors would have been interesting to see.

We're pretty much know for purple, green and gold because of Mardi Gras. I have a concept coming for that.

However, I hate the City Pride uni. It's clunky, and the sleeves don't really add much to the concept.

My original concept didn't have sleeves. I forgot that the next alternate was going to be sleeved so I had to modify my design to fit that template. If I had a choice, no team would have a sleeved uniform of any type.

there are no manufacturers logos on NBA uniforms currently, so I would take off the adidas logo for the sake of being correct. also, the NOLA script on the pride uniforms looks a bit low.

I read somehwere on another thread in the Sports Logos section that the NBA was going to allow Adidas to place their logo on the official uniform as they do with the replicas, that' why I added them in the concept. It's no big deal to take them off. And thanks for the heads up on the NOLA script.

Here is my original City Pride uniform sans the sleeves. Thanks for the comments everyone.

NBA%20Concept%20-%20Pelicans%20City%20Pr

Court Concept

NBA%20Concept%20-%20Pelicans%20-%20Court

GREAT Concept!!! I suggest removing the "Fleur De Pelican" from the subliminal flag and actually using the Fleur De Lis instead. I would also remove it from the hips as it takes away from the nice wing design you have, I personally don't like that logo to begin with and it should be exchanged for the Fleur De Lis they used above the wordmark... but that's just me. I will also remove the logo off the neck lining as it looks out of place. I would also like to see how the side panels would have looked like if they were kept Gold inplace of the Red, but I like how it looks now. Keep up the good work, I wonder if you will be doing a league wide overhaul or not.

You fixed one of the two problems with the current Pelicans jerseys; namely, tying it more closely to the city of New Orleans. Even though it was a minuscule change, using the wordmark from the primary logo with the fleur-de-lis did wonders. Having said that, the wordmark on the front of the jersey is still much too small. The NOB font is still bigger than the wordmark

Archived